SASS Wire Forum

Swedish Mauser 6.5x55 for Sale FTF in Phoenix or at EOT $600

Very clean, very accurate M95 Swedish Mauser. Made in 1919. The bolt, bolt release, butt plate, magazine floorplate, rear and front barrel bands are numbered with the last three digits of the serial number. Note the muzzle is not threaded.

sm1.jpg.6033819fda5d1e232c9b8f3d1db3fcb6.jpgsm2.jpg.195f13d947f244a8d34b9db5b5b41a06.jpg 

SM3.jpg

Are you sure? That looks a bit like threaded cap on the end.

4 hours ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

Are you sure? That looks a bit like threaded cap on the end. Further, the threaded ones have a knurled cap

I'm positive - you're looking at a slight step down

SM4.jpg

I think that stepdown area may be where the muzzle cover goes (hooks over the front sight and the muzzle), I have a couple and they fit perfectly on my rifles (even if it is threaded).  I'll look for my book on them and check.

4 hours ago, Major Wemyss said:

I think that stepdown area may be where the muzzle cover goes (hooks over the front sight and the muzzle), I have a couple and they fit perfectly on my rifles (even if it is threaded).  I'll look for my book on them and check.

Will be interested in what you find. Hadn't considered what the purpose was until the interest on here, but my thought would be it gives some support to the bayonet so it doesn't bump up on the front sight.

Bump for a great pard to shoot with.

Archived