SASS Wire Forum

How good is your balance?

sassnetguy50

Not too good. While watching, I fell out of my desk chair 8 seconds in. Good time for bull riding, not so good for a balance exercise.

When I was young, and working as a carpenter. I could run on the second floor top plates with no worries. Now I barley trust myself walking lol

I can balance my check book

I can balance my budget

I can balance my meals

I can balance tires on the car

I can balance most anything................ except meowndangself.

No way can I do that kind of balance.

..........Widder

When I was a kid I could walk on a split rail fence and I used to be able to stop my motorcycle at a red light and not put my feet down!

Now, I mostly walk with the aid of a cane or a staff to keep from flopping over!!

In retrospect, I HAVE BECOME UNBALANCED!! :o :lol:

37 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

When I was a kid I could walk on a split rail fence and I used to be able to stop my motorcycle at a red light and not put my feet down!

Now, I mostly walk with the aid of a cane or a staff to keep from flopping over!!

I want to see you flop over Blackwater, I can sell ticket and we will split the profit. Then for extra money they can watch you struggle  to get up like a turtle  :lol:

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I got a ticket for that here.  The officer claimed it is impossible to stop without putting a foot down therefore I must have done a California stop.  If only we knew it would turn into a sport.

16 minutes ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

… just recall , it ain't the fall , what hurts ya …

I’ve noticed that over the years the ground has gotten harder.  That explains why I don’t bounce as good as I once did.

4 hours ago, The Shoer 27979 said:

I want to see you flop over Blackwater, I can sell ticket and we will split the profit. Then for extra money they can watch you struggle  to get up like a turtle  :lol:

You might have something there!!  But I usually get up (fairly) stylishly, if a little slowly! :lol:

49 minutes ago, sassnetguy50 said:

I got a ticket for that here.  The officer claimed it is impossible to stop without putting a foot down therefore I must have done a California stop.  If only we knew it would turn into a sport.

I thought I was good at it until I entered a contest at a local biker bar that my band used to entertain at.

I had gone one round and was watching some of the other contestants.  An old guy on a ridgid knucklehead pulled up and stopped. He then shifted his old chopper into reverse and backed into a parking space without ever dropping a foot off the pegs!!  It had an old bias ply tire on the rear and a 3spd transmission out of a bike with a sidecar!  Three forwards and a reverse!! :o :lol:

Gnarly old dude and a really gnarly old scooter!!

He won the contest, hands down!!!

5 hours ago, The Shoer 27979 said:

I have seen him take a flop. It is most surely NOT pretty. I, on the other hand, am worse.

Imis

My balance is near perfect.  I almost can't fall down....as long as I'm flat on my back spread eagled on the floor.

I've fallen more in the last five or six years than I did my entire life before that.  (Not counting some skiing, boxing, climbing, and other macho activities accidents when I was younger and trying to prove how good I was.  It's been a long time since I was 30 and pretty much gave all that up).

Archived