SASS Wire Forum

Joe the Slave

Rye Miles #13621

A book about this interesting fellow who told what happened at the Alamo. He was a survivor, him and a Mexican lady and her child. It was published in 2015 I had no idea.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/meet-american-fought-bled-alamo-lived-tale-slave-joe

I always laugh when, like this article, the Alamo was 'under a 2 week siege'. Making us think they fought for 2 weeks before being overwhelmed.

The Plaque at the Alamo says the battle lasted 3 to 5 hours on the last day of Santa Anna's assembling all his troops and supplies. He did this as a launch point to find and attack Sam Houston.

2 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

I always laugh when, like this article, the Alamo was 'under a 2 week siege'. Making us think they fought for 2 weeks before being overwhelmed.

The Plaque at the Alamo says the battle lasted 3 to 5 hours on the last day of Santa Anna's assembling all his troops and supplies. He did this as a launch point to find and attack Sam Houston.

They were under siege for at least two weeks but it was not  constant battle until the last day.

Archived