SASS Wire Forum

Any appliance repair guys here?

Dirty Dan Dawkins

Absolutely.  I use my package truck to load the recalcitrant dryer to the Tree Lawn day before trash day.  Someone always drives by and hauls it away and I go get a really nice NEW DRYER!!  Which, incidentally, Lowes DELIVERS!!

Glad it worked out for you. Some years ago I replaced the element in ours. Took me two days to get the old element out. Didn't see anyway in H*lll I could get the new one in without destroying it. Then I figured out how to pop the top off it and found the one little sheet metal screw that held all that crap inside. Spent 2-3 days on a job that would have taken about 30 min. for someone that knew how to do it.

JHC

confused chekov.jpg

The last time our dryer stopped heating my wife pointed I had had it apart 4 times since we bought it to replace various parts.

She said 'it's time..'

And now Lowes gets a monthly for a few at 0%

2 hours ago, Chantry said:

Youtube is often a good source on how to take things apart and put them back together

Fixed it for you! :)

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

5 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Fixed it for you! :)

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I always have leftover screws no matter what I work on. So long as a screw is less than 1/4”, I figure it’s not holding much. If it’s a # 10 or less sheet metal screw or self-tapping screw, it’s pretty much inconsequential.

54 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I always have leftover screws no matter what I work on. So long as a screw is less than 1/4”, I figure it’s not holding much. If it’s a # 10 or less sheet metal screw or self-tapping screw, it’s pretty much inconsequential.

They call that "new and improved" being eco friendly and lighter weight.

Go on you tube and do a search on your model. You'll get something close as they're all the same inside. Very simple to work on and you can get most parts on Amazon. 

That's goes for most appliances except refrigerators as they have refrigerant. 

*Also in 99% of appliances there are the schematics and a troubleshooting manual stuffed in the back inside the unit. 

JEL

Archived