SASS Wire Forum

EOT Weather

Hells Comin

Lows near 40°

Highs 60 to mid 70's

chance of rain 1%

Winds who knows 

Your Weatherman HC.

Ps this forecast is for you all at no charge, but there will be a tip jar at Klassic Laser works Booth/spot if you feel the need :rolleyes:

A free Arizona weather forecast guaranteed for 10 days out is worth less than what you paid for it.

Bring rain gear.  If it is going to rain in Phoenix, it's usually during End of Winter Range Trail. B)

good luck, GJ

2 hours ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

A free Arizona weather forecast guaranteed for 10 days out is worth less than what you paid for it.

Bring rain gear.  If it is going to rain in Phoenix, it's usually during End of Winter Range Trail. B)

good luck, GJ

"End of Winter Range Trail".  I like it.

2 hours ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

good luck, GJ

Ain’t worth much in Texas either!!

I wouldn’t bet on tomorrow’s weather!

I'm sure glad I'm not traveling this week.  I-40 was closed in many places in AZ the last two days due to snow, ice and wrecks.  I-10 was closed by a dust storm in western NM and there are construction closures on I-10 south of Tucson that makes traveling I-10 a poor choice.  As usual I will decide my route to EOT just before I leave.

Long term wx forecast for my travel looks favorable for travel late next week.  Forecast rain on Wednesday the 22nd would suppress dust.  Moderate winds are forecast for Thursday and Friday.  

Forecast for Northern Arizona next week is bad starting Wednesday.  I will travel across Southern AZ and avoid the blizzards.  (Flagstaff wx forecast below)

image.png.48784d83095bdfaf823169737622aace.png

And ... I-10 is closed in 2 places near Tucson; one is a hazmat spill and fatality, the other is a crash - 3 semis and a van, 2 fatalities.  I-10 has been shut down since last night.

Be safe out there.

BS

3 hours ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

good luck, GJ

Yesterday we had a hell of a lot of rain in the North Valley, so  there's no way in hell it will rain at EOT.

Your Weatherman

Hells Comin 

I’m gonna put ALL my trust in @Hells Cominand leave my rain gear at home - 2100 miles from End of Winter Range Trail. That’s how much I believe in him! :D Plus, his forecast is the same as the @Bullets By Scarlett resident weatherman. My Tommy. :wub:

This will be my 3rd trip to Ben Avery and every year the weather has been very nice! 

Hugs!

Scarlett

15 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I’m gonna put ALL my trust in @Hells Cominand leave my rain gear at home - 2100 miles from End of Winter Range Trail. That’s how much I believe in him! :D Plus, his forecast is the same as the @Bullets By Scarlett resident weatherman. My Tommy. :wub:

This will be my 3rd trip to Ben Avery and every year the weather has been very nice! 

Hugs!

Scarlett

I bet your rain gear will be in your vehicle at the range and not 2100 miles away.  :P

1 hour ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

I bet your rain gear will be in your vehicle at the range and not 2100 miles away.  :P

You damn right! :P

Hugs!

Scarlett

Came from Ohio last week. We had nasty rain in Missouri, dust storms in Oklahoma, snow in New Mexico and we were sweating the conditions on I-40 in Arizona. Thursday reports were good on I-40 and we took a chance. No backups at all but saw plenty of wrecks from last week that hadn't been cleaned up yet. Headwinds from the west really cut your gas mileage. Made it here safe and now ready to shoot. 

On 2/18/2023 at 8:49 AM, Sixgun Seamus said:

Came from Ohio last week. We had nasty rain in Missouri, dust storms in Oklahoma, snow in New Mexico and we were sweating the conditions on I-40 in Arizona. Thursday reports were good on I-40 and we took a chance. No backups at all but saw plenty of wrecks from last week that hadn't been cleaned up yet. Headwinds from the west really cut your gas mileage. Made it here safe and now ready to shoot. 

Have fun SS

Wednesday is going to be a dangerous travel day on I-40 from Northern AZ, all across NM and the TX Panhandle.  Gusts up to 70 mph are forecast - not a good day for high profile vehicles.  I-10 will have lower winds and rain.  Rain is good, it suppresses dust.

newscast

Update: The Nat'l WX Service is now predicting widespread power outages for Central NM and is warning against operating freight trains in additional to all travel on highways.  I hope my power stays on so I can travel to EOT.  Otherwise I will remain at home to run a generator.

Update:

Most of my county lost power for about 20 minutes.  However, leaving for EOT tomorrow looks possible.

Well Phil, the way I read your accurate current forecast is, there will be "weather."  And it will be, partly warm, or partly cool, partly cloudy, or partly sunny, partly calm, or partly windy, partly nice, or partly not nice.  And maybe it could be wonderful or not so wonderful.  Or it could be Phoenix in February.

Correct me if I am missing something.

Not looking forward to 10+ hours to Roswell from NETX tomorrow.  Hopefully lighter winds than the 40+ predictions in SW.  Not sure I have ever driven in winds that strong and we will be pulling our little trailer..  Phil expecting better predictions for next week.  Hope to see you then.

12 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

No I'm just your typical Weather Person.

You might be getting winds North of 60+ mph over night.

Right!!!:P

5CE79281-345E-47FA-AC95-583AB745D98A.jpeg

6 hours ago, Yellowstone Vic SASS#32968 said:

HC,

Anything you can do about this….

Thanks,

Vic

5FB48306-414D-4D5A-9931-6FBFC204B726.thumb.jpeg.0eeb4b36299e1202564063942d2ccbce.jpeg

This is why I moved from Colorado to central Texas. We don't get that on a regular basis any longer.

TM

I sure am glad I will not be leaving for EOT until around the first week of February 2024. LOL My wife is going to run a marathon in Sedona next year and then we will spend the rest of the month around the area waiting on EOT.

TM

On 2/18/2023 at 8:49 AM, Sixgun Seamus said:

Good luck to you and Kay. Make us Ohioans proud!!B)

Lots of road closures still in Northern AZ.  Heavy traffic on I-10 and long backups of semis waiting to fuel at truck stops.  

There was heavy rain last night.  It stopped long before sunrise and standing water in the Clays Center campground has all soaked into the ground.  There is no wind and humidity.  Black powder shooters will be challenged this morning.

Archived