SASS Wire Forum

Lever Action AR 15

Jedediah Westwood

I wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on the new lever action AR 15 by Bond Arms. It uses a standard AR 15 upper but has a lever action adapted lower. Is it a sass gun?... no. Is it practical?.. possibly. Do I want one?... absofreakinlutly!

Here is the link if you want to check it out,

https://www.bondarms.com/Bond-Arms-Lever-Action-Coming-Soon-P8583.aspx

image.png.c6bc6743c2f272d961e448cedd18f163.png

Only if it would escape confiscation if we had to endure assault gun bans (and my farm was overrun with groundhogs).

:rolleyes:  GJ

Less expensive than the POF & uses AR uppers.  The POF is 9mm only.  I have other rifles higher on my bucket list.

Just now, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

No bayonet lug, no interest.

Hopefully you have an upper with front site/gas block with bayonet lug or you could replace the free floating hand guard & barrel nut with delta ring barrel nut, two piece hand guard & gas block.

If I lived in a state that was restrictive on semi-autos I honestly would find one of these lever guns more appealing than the CA compliant style ARs, assuming magazine capacity/detachability restrictions would no longer apply because it is not a semi-auto.  I think it is a smart move to make it compatible with a mix of 870 stock parts and AR uppers.  I assume because there is no buffer tube the bolt is not a standard AR bolt meaning that one could not truly put any AR upper on it but would be limited to calibers that share the 5.56 bolt face.  I would also think a lot of standard style AR sight/optic setups will not work well with this Bond Arms because they will be too high.  

yup - just ask why ? then move on , there is a reason the RA describes the platform . that is important part of it to me , not keen on the bolt action either id that crossed your mind , 

On 2/15/2023 at 1:41 PM, July Smith said:

If I lived in a state that was restrictive on semi-autos I honestly would find one of these lever guns more appealing than the CA compliant style ARs, assuming magazine capacity/detachability restrictions would no longer apply because it is not a semi-auto.  I think it is a smart move to make it compatible with a mix of 870 stock parts and AR uppers.  I assume because there is no buffer tube the bolt is not a standard AR bolt meaning that one could not truly put any AR upper on it but would be limited to calibers that share the 5.56 bolt face.  I would also think a lot of standard style AR sight/optic setups will not work well with this Bond Arms because they will be too high.  

In the video at the link the interviewer asks if AR-15 uppers can be used & asked if just the lower can be purchased.  I suspect that the lower engages the auto bolt carrier at the rear of the bolt & rear of hammer slot.  Same part of bolt carrier that trips the M-4/M-16 auto sear.

More new guns and gun ideas is fine.

But this one for me? No thanks.

Archived