SASS Wire Forum

Michigan Shooting Suspect Had Prior Charges Dropped

Subdeacon Joe

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/michigan-state-shooter-had-prior-felony-gun-charge-dismissed-by-progressive-prosecutor/

A gunman who killed three and wounded five others at Michigan State University on Monday would have been barred from owning a firearm at the time of the shooting had he not had felony gun charges dismissed by a progressive prosecutor.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/michigan-state-shooter-had-prior-felony-gun-charge-dismissed-by-progressive-prosecutor/

A gunman who killed three and wounded five others at Michigan State University on Monday would have been barred from owning a firearm at the time of the shooting had he not had felony gun charges dismissed by a progressive prosecutor.

BUT IT IS THE GUN THAT IS TO BLAME!!!  :rolleyes:  ^_^  :angry:

I hope the victims and their families sue the crap out of that Prosecutor!

I'm not sure the felony charge would have stuck, though somehow the original misdemeanor 12 month probation got extended by another 6 months. I have not found the reason for that.

He was caught carrying without a permit, may have applied for one which had not come through yet, but would have eventually been granted if he had not been caught carrying without one. I found no evidence he was in a place he was not supposed to be or that he committed any other crime, just that an officer approached him and searched him. With no documentation of any crime to do so.

But progressives are to blame in the plea bargain because permits to carry are clearly part of the history and tradition of firearms regulation at the time of the founding...

Oh, wait... they aren't.

No laws can actually prevent wrongs, only provide a means of punishment for transgressions. This a-hole took even that option with him. May he burn in hell.

16 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

I'm not sure the felony charge would have stuck, though somehow the original misdemeanor 12 month probation got extended by another 6 months. I have not found the reason for that.

He was caught carrying without a permit, may have applied for one which had not come through yet, but would have eventually been granted if he had not been caught carrying without one. I found no evidence he was in a place he was not supposed to be or that he committed any other crime, just that an officer approached him and searched him. With no documentation of any crime to do so.

But progressives are to blame in the plea bargain because permits to carry are clearly part of the history and tradition of firearms regulation at the time of the founding...

Oh, wait... they aren't.

No laws can actually prevent wrongs, only provide a means of punishment for transgressions. This a-hole took even that option with him. May he burn in hell.

The point is that the progressive prosecutor tossed out the charges because of "equity."

ADDED:

"Siemon made it her office’s official policy in August 2021 to drop mandatory prison sentences for felony firearms charges. She said the sentencing enhancement led to "dramatic racial inequity" and was "not in any way linked to the goal that we share of keeping the public safe.""

Didn't give a hoot about safety, only about race and perceived inequality.

On 2/14/2023 at 3:25 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

BUT IT IS THE GUN THAT IS TO BLAME!!!  :rolleyes:  ^_^  :angry:

Naw, Bee Dub... close, but not quite:

It's YOU that's to blame.  And ME.  And every other upstanding, patriotic, hard-working and law-abiding soul in America.  WE are to blame, and therefor it is we who must be punished.  

At least that seems to be the message we're bombarded with out West.  :wacko:

Archived