SASS Wire Forum

2023 SASS Western Regional / 28th Annual Chorro Valley Shoot-Out

Roger Rapid

Cowboys, cowgirls, rustlers, gamblers, drovers, and outlaws…

We’re galloping down the trail to the best cowboy shooting event ever: the 2023 SASS Western Regional / 28th Annual Chorro Valley Shoot-Out

And you just don’t want to miss it. 

We’ve got all the side matches, 12 super stages, a ton of vendors, the ultimate 5-Star Banquet Dinner, Team shoot, Top 16 Shoot-off, Poker Tournament, Bingo, an acoustic music jam session at our campfire with s’mores, amazing camaraderie, and an incredible fun-filled super-weather weekend on California’s Central Coast. And, to help keep you fresh and on your tiptoes, we’re shooting four stages a day over three days. Plus our Chuck Wagon (food vendor) to feed your bellies.

It just doesn’t get any better than that!

Our on-line system is ready for you to process your registration now and reserve your campsite. Sign up today and get on our Who’s Coming list, tell us who you want to posse with, and leave the rest to us.

• To register on-line for both the match and for camping CLICK HERE 

• If you prefer to mail in your registration and camping forms, CLICK HERE to download them

• And, if you want to see a 4-minute video about last year’s match CLICK HERE

Get it on your calendar now: August 9-13, 2023!

Got questions? Don't hesitate to PM me.

Come out and shoot with us!

Roger Rapid

Thanks for posting this, Roger.  I looked on the website, but I couldn't see a 'Who Is Comming' list.  Did I miss it, or is it still too early for a list?  I realize the sign-up only just opened, but it's always fun to look over the list and see who will be there besides you and me.

Flintlock Shooters ---

Here is an aside:

If you attend the Western Regional Championships, look down at the hard road surfaces there in the Chorro Valley Regulators range and camping area.  They are littered with a reddish brown form of  Franciscan Chert, which when broken up makes excellent flint chips.   Just FYI. 

Archived