SASS Wire Forum

Another Chicom Balloon

Buckshot Bear

i saw one of those this morning , then i ran the washer/wiper to get rid of the road salt - holy cow it disappeared , maybe they are aliens after all ? 

as an aside here 0 good thing we can make fun and laugh , otherwise we might be experiencing a 30s "war of the worlds" event , its not Halloween but it kinda feels like it with all the masks and pretending the admin has presented so far , 

I doubt hostile aliens would ever invade Australia. 

Too many things there that would want to kill them or just eat them.

4 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I doubt hostile aliens would ever invade Australia. 

Too many things there that would want to kill them or just eat them.

........ now I feel safe, .... thankyou .......

:unsure:

12 hours ago, watab kid said:

i saw one of those this morning , then i ran the washer/wiper to get rid of the road salt - holy cow it disappeared , maybe they are aliens after all ? 

as an aside here 0 good thing we can make fun and laugh , otherwise we might be experiencing a 30s "war of the worlds" event , its not Halloween but it kinda feels like it with all the masks and pretending the admin has presented so far , 

My parents were on their honeymoon in the Oregon woods at the time and never heard the War Of The Worlds until I found a recording of it many, many years later.  Mom didn't understand most of it and Dad allowed as how he recognized it wasn't raal when the military and the government reacted so quickly.  H had worked for the Forest Service and was in the Idaho State Guard. "No government agency anywhere can make a tuna fish sandwich in less than thirty days so it had to be a fake."

8 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

My parents were on their honeymoon in the Oregon woods at the time and never heard the War Of The Worlds until I found a recording of it many, many years later.  Mom didn't understand most of it and Dad allowed as how he recognized it wasn't raal when the military and the government reacted so quickly.  H had worked for the Forest Service and was in the Idaho State Guard. "No government agency anywhere can make a tuna fish sandwich in less than thirty days so it had to be a fake."

funny part of it for me was talking to some older folks in my lifetime that remembered and admitted they believed at the time , albeit briefly , some said they had actually thought of it later not as a "radio show" but as a life experience , i give orson wells credit for doing a great program , ive even compared it to what we did with the millennium thing - Y2K , so many things get hyped , some stick , but much like al gores climate predictions so many are just not so , some day we might all be smarter and able to see past the snake oil salesmen but for now i think there is a question of that , 

i liked it better when the world was a bit in the dark , the phone had a cord , we didnt get instant news 24/7 . but we also didnt have instant access to fact checks - which now are in question thanks to current history with google/face book/the FBI , so i guess we are back to believing in what we know to be true and can prove independently  - that stupid idea of consensus science just doesnt cut it , 

Archived