SASS Wire Forum

EOT bound folks...

Singin' Sue 71615

EOT bound folks....
If you plan on using I-40 through Flagstaff and down 17...they are going to have road closures for blasting I believe the 13th starting.
CHECK FOR I-17 ROAD CLOSURES. 
Also, the Sunset Rest area outside Camp Verde is CLOSED.

I suggest to those coming from the East to take HOLBROOK off of 40, and come into Phx.

Spread the word folks!
No one wants to be stuck for hours on the Interstate while they blast.

Improving I-17 logo

ADOT I-17 Improvement Project

Skip to main content                                    Pick Another LanguageAfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBosnianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddish                                Toggle menu
JUMP TO REAL TIME TRAFFIC MAP

Upcoming Closures and Lane Restrictions

Schedules are subject to change because of weather or other unforeseen situations.

Plan for overnight full closures and lane restrictions on Interstate 17 Feb. 15 and Feb. 16 for controlled rock blasting. Scroll down for the full details.

In addition to the controlled rock blasting work, the Arizona Department of Transportation advises motorists to allow extra time and use caution around construction personnel and equipment while weekly closures and restrictions are in place from Monday, Feb. 13 through Saturday, Feb. 18. Scroll down for the full details.

Controlled Rock Blasting Schedule

I-17 will experience full closures in both directions for blasting work during the dates and times listed below. Expect delays of at least one hour and backups of about 2 miles:

Wednesday, Feb. 15- 10 to 11 p.m. between Bumble Bee and Coldwater roads (mileposts 244-249).

Thursday, Feb. 16- 10 to 11 p.m. between Bumble Bee and Coldwater roads (mileposts 244-249).

•The on-ramp to southbound I-17 to Bumble Bee Road, and the on-ramp to northbound I-17 from Coldwater Road will be closed at the same times.

Generally, blasting will occur between 10 and 11 p.m. However, the window of time for this work to occur is between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. The start and end times of each closure could vary based on blast-site, weather and traffic conditions, or other unforeseen circumstances.

On weeknights when controlled rock blasting is scheduled, crews will begin narrowing I-17 to a single lane in both directions at 7 p.m. and then fully close the highway after 10 p.m. Drivers should expect delays while crews set up traffic control, and use caution around construction personnel and equipment.

Get real-time information at AZ511, by calling 511, or on the AZ511 App (except while driving).

Just now, Judge Gardner said:

Is that going to show Lo?

If you are taking the Holbrook, to Payson to Phx...you will be good.

The closure is on N 17, just South of Camp Verde...and stretches from the Sunsise Rest Area to Anthem. Construction for 67 miles...

Early morning to mid day won't be bad.. 

But would avoid 17 in afternoon and closed evening.

Affects those coming across at Winslow/Camp Verde, or those coming Flagstaff down 17.

Thanks SS.  That is before I travel.  Here is AZDOT's statement regarding long term lane closures:

image.png.20314a6cd289d8b0971528dae5847db0.png

Since I will travel during the day I will not be affected by these lane restrictions.

13 minutes ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

Thanks SS.  That is a before I travel.  Here is AZDOT's statement regarding long term lane closures:

image.png.20314a6cd289d8b0971528dae5847db0.png

Since I will travel during the day I will not be affected by these lane restrictions.

Thanks Canby...but, you will have long delays and back up during those lane closures.

One lane only...and those will be reduced earlier in the day...imagine those trucks and trailers trying to keep moving up those grades.

Really suggest just avoiding 17.

Holbrook to Heber/Payson/Phx is a nice scenery and not a bad drive.

I make my route decision just days before travel.  If there are snow packed highways in northern AZ I travel I-10 doing my best to avoid dust storms.  Travel to EOT is never simple.

On 2/13/2023 at 11:43 AM, Judge Gardner said:

Is that going to show Lo?

No you go south out of holbrook and just before  the county complex turn right towards Heber.  You can go to show low but adds about an hour to trip.  Google maps is your friend

Archived