SASS Wire Forum

Super Bowl Commercials

So we’re watching the game which is allegedly a showcase for the most lavish and creative ads on TV. There’s a lengthy set up where you wonder what the product or service is, and then the logo appears. For the life of me, I can’t make a connection or remember who the advertisers are. WTH?

The “Farmer’s Dog” commercial was the best so far.

We didn’t watch the halftime crap, so I may have missed one or two.

10 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Crap?? You’re being nice!! It was horrible!! One of the all time worst. I turned it off !

2 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Crap?? You’re being nice!! It was horrible!! One of the all time worst. I turned it off !

Didn’t mean to offend!!  I’m sure that you’re aware that I am hesitant to call it $#!+. :lol:

Wife made popcorn and we sat down to watch, "Gunfight at the OK Corral" and "Hour of the Gun".  Didn't care a bit who won or didn't the Bowl game. 

Seriously, as one, actually both of us, were at one time huge sports fan and spent hours looking forward to Baseball and Football games, on TV or going to see them live and buying tickets. Somehow, sports has lost its luster with huge salaries, and players using their status for political purposes both on and off the field. With TV practically controlling sports because of needed ads to insert for their sponsors, officiating at an all time low, etc. These sports are becoming the Roller Derby and wrestling of yesterdays. 

1 hour ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

Wife made popcorn and we sat down to watch, "Gunfight at the OK Corral" and "Hour of the Gun".  Didn't care a bit who won or didn't the Bowl game. 

Seriously, as one, actually both of us, were at one time huge sports fan and spent hours looking forward to Baseball and Football games, on TV or going to see them live and buying tickets. Somehow, sports has lost its luster with huge salaries, and players using their status for political purposes both on and off the field. With TV practically controlling sports because of needed ads to insert for their sponsors, officiating at an all time low, etc. These sports are becoming the Roller Derby and wrestling of yesterdays. 

I'm right there, in lock step, with ya. It's not sports (planning and athletic effort) on t.v., it's a media event. It's not sports (planning and athletic effort) in the stadium, it's about entertainment. Every single game, every single time. We've got to be bombarded with input, and can't jus sit there and watch........SAD

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

"Do I look familiar?"
"No."

Best lines in it!  I wouldn't know him.  Nor would I recognize the woman in the last shot.  They look vaguely familiar, but then so do a lot of people.  Might see them regularly at a store.  Or they look sort of like a neighbor I once had. That's why commercials with "big name actors" are lost on me - I have no idea who they are.

My bride made Buffalo Wings and Velveeta dip on Mission tortilla chips.
I had chips and insulin.. a good time was had by all.

We are not football fans, but did enjoy the game.
Judging by the first half, I figured the Eagles had the game in the bag... only to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory at the last instant.
That hail Mary pass reception that was invalidated looked to me, to be the turning point of the game.

Our principal reason for watching the game is indulging in the goodies, watching the ads, and turning off the half time woke crap.

I liked the one with the dog. The rest seemed to be mostly noisy messes packed with celebrities. I think they were much better in years past. 

And although I may be excoriated for this….. I did not enjoy Chris Stapleton’s performance of the National Anthem.

8 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

And although I may be excoriated for this….. I did not enjoy Chris Stapleton’s performance of the National Anthem.

Thank you!  His voice was mushy, his delivery a weird combination of dragging and staccato. He made it impossible for people to sing along with him.

In a public venue like that the "artists" need to remember that it is OUR anthem, all of us.  Not theirs alone.  

I played it for my wife and about 20 or 30 seconds in she asked me to turn it off.

The best I can say about it is that he filleted it rather than mangled it apart.

23 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I liked the one with the dog. The rest seemed to be mostly noisy messes packed with celebrities. I think they were much better in years past. 

Neither did I enjoy Stapleton!

17 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

"Farmer's Dog" commercial was okay. Only problem is that our 12 year-old doggie won't eat their stuff...or any other dog food for that matter! She prefers prime rib, steak or hamburger, which my wife obligingly cooks and cuts up for her.  Now my wife is starting our new puppy on hamburger. He will eat puppy chow. BTW, I had hotdogs for dinner the other night!:P   Otherwise, never pay attention to commercial breaks on TV.

i used to enjoy these but in recent years not so much , i find them lacking in what i would consider market appeal , but im old - not their demographics im sure , there are always some that are fun but not really appealing , just me , im not speaking for anyone else here , some are just dumb , some are confusing , some are derisive to my ethics and moral values , im sure those that produced them might differ but again , im not of the demographic they are looking for - i actually think before i guy  , 

Archived