SASS Wire Forum

Superbowl

Subdeacon Joe

I moved the Kansas City area almost 45 years ago, so the Chiefs are the team to watch and root for. I'm not much of a televised sports fan because of all the commercial interruptions and over-the-top hype, but it is entertaining from time to time. We've found games to be more enjoyable with the sound turned down to where crowd noise is barely audible and announcers can't be understood. Gad, those "color" commentators are annoying. Tony Romo was OK when he first started out, but now he's one of the most irritating of all.

After this game, we feel we can finally believe the Chiefs are for real. For decades, they've been known to find creative ways to crush the souls of fans with bone-headed losses. For that reason, the national sports media has never given them much respect, including this year. A couple of games this season had that vibe, but somehow they adjusted. With this win, the first SB win no longer feels like a fluke. 

Mahomes might be MVP, but dang there are lot of players who made that happen. Kelce, Pachecco, McKinnon, JuJu, Toney et al, not to mention the offensive line and defense. Because of these guys, I'm hoping the announcers and media will finally stop talking about how handicapped the Chiefs are/were without Tyreek Hill. Dang, that topic came up every broadcast. It was a solid business decision to trade him.

Anyway, it was a great shootout of a game which is rare for Super Bowls. 

Oh, and that holding call on Philly near the end? The player admitted he was in fact holding and it was the right call. He also said he was holding earlier in the game and the refs missed it. 

It was one of the better Super Bowl games in recent memory.

Congratulations to the Chiefs!!

I think the MVP might should have gone to Jalen Hurts.

He threw for 300+ yards and one touchdown. He rushed for 70 yds, setting a new SB record for rushing yards by a quarterback, and scored three rushing touchdowns.  His only BAD play resulted in a touchdown for the Chiefs and that was the difference in the game.

The three rushing touchdowns are a new SB record for a quarterback and ties the record for most rushing touchdowns in a single SB game!

25 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Hmmm.  I heard they played two national anthems.  Glad I missed those, and the game as well.

I didn’t see the supposed “black national anthem “ I saw Baby Face, who’s an old dude now, sing America the Beautiful in a terrible rendition of it and then went to Stapleton who was not too good at all! Not even mediocre in fact! 
I think Whitney Houston set the bar pretty high for our Anthem.

17 hours ago, Kid Sopris, SASS Regulator said:

They paid someone too much money for that half time show. That’s not entertainment; that’s noise, obnoxious noise at that.   

I didn't see it, but my understanding is that the performers for the half time show don't get paid.  They do it for the exposure and bump in record sales.

16 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Bs holding call

I didn't see it, but the folks on the radio today said the offending player admitted he was guilty and said it was a good call.  (You just can't get away from SB news today)

Angus

6 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The player admitted he held the guy so that last call was totally right!

Not buying it, he just doesn’t want to cause controversy. You will very seldomly hear a player complain about the officials, they don’t want that reputation. He barely touched him and certainly didn’t impede him from going where he wanted to. 
If that’s holding there’s holding somewhere on the field on every play 

The turnover that was overturned was the correct call. For it to have been a fumble, the receiver would have had to “make a football move”, such as take another step for the pass to be called complete.  If the receiver had gone to the ground with the ball in his possession or if he had taken a step, the pass would be called complete.  If he had turned or changed hands with the ball, the pass would be called complete.

He did NONE of those things. If it had happened in the end zone, it would STILL be an incomplete pass.

1 minute ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Not buying it, he just doesn’t want to cause controversy. You will very seldomly hear a player complain about the officials, they don’t want that reputation. He barely touched him and certainly didn’t impede him from going where he wanted to. 

And you’re right!!  There IS holding on every play!!

10 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Sorry not buying what you’re saying. I believe the guy! I think his reputation will be just fine and he’ll be considered an honest player. 

8 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Sorry not buying what you’re saying. I believe the guy! I think his reputation will be just fine and he’ll be considered an honest player. 

I guess we’ll just disagree on this one 

3 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I guess we’ll just disagree on this one 

Okay sounds good!

19 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

And you’re right!!  There IS holding on every play!!

Agree , and they almost always call it when it blatant. There are penalties that could be called on just about every play. To me it’s about treating each team equally. And in this case I feel the official gave KC a 2nd chance. And they made good use of it 

well seems my team won , im not gonna discuss 'the call' i hear some might take issue with , i seldom see the game really , id watch a navy/army match tho , could even throw air force in if they could step up to it with either , just sayin , 

Archived