SASS Wire Forum

Sonoma County in the Movies

Subdeacon Joe

Not surprised. Especially if you wasn’t a shot of vineyards. I’ve been a few times/ I anti=ally preferred neighboring Mendocino County. But I don’t make movies. Only memories.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

As a very long time Sonoma County resident that no longer lives there. That very short list is not complete. I know of 4 other movies that were filmed there, just can't remember there names.

I get in arguments all the time about American graffiti  where it was filmed. I know a couple people that were in the sock hop dance scene, and my brother tried to get in for the crusing  scenes but he had a 65 chevy pickup and AG was set in 62.

Utah Bob as far as you liking Mendocino  County, as long as you don't venture off the beaten path up there you were good. There was more pot grown there and Humboldt County at one time then anyplace else in the US

1 minute ago, The Shoer 27979 said:

That very short list is not complete. I know of 4 other movies that were filmed there, just can't remember there names

Oh yeah.  But that seems to be more like eatery hopping with a side of A Movie Was Made Here. 

Cleveland's got quite a few good ones too!

https://clevelandtraveler.com/cleveland-movies/

On 2/11/2023 at 1:54 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

Oh yeah.  But that seems to be more like eatery hopping with a side of A Movie Was Made Here. 

Ya OK I forgot, Sonoma County is that yuppie liberal wine tasting BS now days

Archived