SASS Wire Forum

Bailey Creek,5759

I saw the first episode but then it went to Paramount + . No thanks. Cable bill is expensive as it is! No more money for this bullcrap!

BC, I liked those mentioned points as well.  I also enjoyed the use of some famous characters from history such as Geo Meade (Tom Hanks), Jim Courtright (Billy Bob Thornton),  Charlie Goodnight (Taylor Sheridan), and Spotted Eagle (Graham Greene).  Interesting that Greene, a true Oneida Indian, portrays a Crow elder but the real Spotted Eagle, one of Sitting Bull's chiefs at Battle of the Big Horn, was a Lakota Sioux and Crow historically was enemies of the Crow.  

I enjoyed 1883, it was emotionally moving at times, full of hardships we  often find difficulty to grasp.  I thought Isabel May as Elsa Dutton was outstanding as was her narrating in both 1883 and 1923.  She is much the start of Yellowstone and of course the first of Dutton's buried on "the ranch".  

5 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I saw the first episode but then it went to Paramount + . No thanks. Cable bill is expensive as it is! No more money for this bullcrap!

Agree to that. Fortunately my neighbor has 1883 DVD and brother-in-law gets 1923 on Prime.

24 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

1923 is not available on Prime.  You can use Prime to get to Paramount+ but you have to pay after your "free" trial.

Correct. 

I believe so far (Episode 4) from Prime/Paramount +, Spencer (youngest son of James and Margaret Dutton of 1883) is on the way home from Africa to aide in Uncle Jacob and Aunt Cara Dutton (Jacob is James' brother) on ranch.  Spencer born after Elsa is buried on what is to become Yellowstone Ranch.  John (Costner) is son of John, Jr (John Sr is younger brother of Elsa in 1883).  Spencer goes to Africa after being in WWI.   Good weapons shown in Africa and WWI segments.   

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I don’t like that they split the shows between Paramount and Paramount + and try to make you subscribe to both. If not for that I would probably just subscribe and let it run.

Agree.  Tulsa King series also

Archived