SASS Wire Forum

Skunk Spray

Subdeacon Joe

Lots of big words early in the morning. :)

Thanks Joe. Now I know what might work for the smell of skunk spray. :D

Years ago my dog got sprayed. We tried tomato juice. Didn’t work. We tried something a pharmacist recommended. Didn’t work. I tried vinegar. Didn’t work, but made my dog smell super weird. What worked after all that was time. For my dog and me. My hands and forearms smelled skunk for a week. Scented hand lotions helped a little. 

Vinegar mixed with hydrogen peroxide works pretty well. Douche will also work if you can bring yourself to go to the drug store and pick up a case of Summers Eve.:lol: 

This is what the AKC recommends.  It works well enough that they can be back in the house.  After use there is a slight odor for a few days if they get wet or sweat.  Used it many times.  If you have cuts on your hands or even not, wear rubber gloves, rabies risk.

DIY Skunk Shampoo Recipe
1 quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide solution (found at any pharmacy or supermarket)
1/4 cup of baking soda
1 teaspoon of liquid dishwashing soap

Pooph. 

https://www.pooph.com/?
mid=12016827&vendor=google&campaignid=15182310361&adgroupid=132194116729&targetid=kwd-1458241008147&mt=e&network=g&device=m&adid=591526379664&keyword=pooph%20spray&adtype=&merchantid=&productchannel=&productid=&placement=

Check this out

On 2/8/2023 at 7:10 AM, Rip Snorter said:

DIY Skunk Shampoo Recipe
1 quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide solution (found at any pharmacy or supermarket)
1/4 cup of baking soda
1 teaspoon of liquid dishwashing soap

I have used this recipe 

We had a red heeler fox terrier mix, that little SOB found every  skunks around on multiple  occasions always before I had to be at work, tomato juice does work but you need lots of it and they have to soak in it for awhile

Archived