SASS Wire Forum

Reloading Supply

Moe T Vator

7 minutes ago, Moe T Vator said:

On the trip from Ca to Tx where are your best reloading supply stores? 

Where in Texas?

The Width of Texas is greater than the distance from El Paso to the Pacific Ocean.

For primers,  I have had real good luck at Sharp Shooters Safe and Gun Shop in Lubbock TX.  About 120 miles south of Amarillo.

If traveling through or near Phoenix I just purchase 8 lbs of titegroup for 229.00 and 1000 Win Sm Pistol Primers for 90.00, and there was a number of both still on the shelf. No limits on the powder that I saw, but a 1 brick limit per individual on the primers.  My guns do fine on the Win primers.

You better update your Visa if you want into Texas from California.  We turn away most travelers from that state and make them stay in New Mexico.  Part of our border protection plan.......

21 minutes ago, Colonel Lou said:

You better update your Visa if you want into Texas from California.  We turn away most travelers from that state and make them stay in New Mexico.  Part of our border protection plan.......

Will his Military ID work!

53 minutes ago, Colonel Lou said:

You can now buy weed in New Mexico but reloading supplies are overpriced and in short supply.  If traveling on I-10 you could stop in Mimbres, NM and pick up cast bullets from Bang and Clang.  Once you leave California you can travel armed (and it is wise to do so).  See https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/ for details.

A little more specificity would help narrow down your choices.  Route, destination, etc... might alter the recommendations.

Hit up the Sportsman's Warehouses along the way. There are three in Phoenix and one in Tucson and one in Yuma if I remember correctly. Go to the gun counter and ask for the powder list. Often the front checkout has the primers, if they have any. Bruno's Reloading Supplies in north Phoenix has everything you need but you better bring your American Express.

May want to stop in Phoenix and get your ID changed before going to Texas. 

It's a bit of a drive so you will have plenty of time to b practice your drawl. 

Then they won't know where you have come from.

4 hours ago, Colonel Lou said:

OK , i didnt expect that and with no offence meant to any party here , i nearly spit my drink half way across the room , i do love that statement - wish more thought like that , but again no offence to anyone here , im talking about the alluded to boarder crisis with the illegal invaders , 

best of luck finding components , ireally hope you can find them and wish i could give you a lead but i cant , im still laughing tho 

5 minutes ago, Moe T Vator said:

No hard trail set yet, thus the flexibility to go to proven locations. 

But it does eliminate a lot of places.

Might consider the Sportsman Warehouses in Las Cruces and the Cabelas (one of the better ones the only time I stopped there) in El Paso. Might stop at some Pawn shops in small towns, every once in a while I find a gem, but mostly overpriced junk.

13 hours ago, Colonel Lou said:

And if they offer you a free ride on a fancy bus, DO NOT GET ON THE BUS.  You'll end up dumped outside the V.P.'s house in Washington D.C. or worse yet, Chicago.

57 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Sportsman'a Warehouse. Multiple locations in AZ and MN. 

Scheels in The Colony TX and Chandler AZ

I have heard good reports on Scheels and have had things picked up there by shooter from that area.  They have had shot, Triple Seven powder, and LN-LR AA shells. 

Howdy Pards

Confirm that it’s a L-O-N-G way across Texas.

A while back my Daughter-in-Law accompanied a friend driving from New Orleans to San Diego. Said they thot they’d never get thru Texas. Rest of trip seemed faster after that.

A statistic I relay on to friends making the journey is that El Paso is closer to San Diego than it is to Houston. Not by much, mind you, but

there it is nonetheless.

Keep on the sunny side!

Adios

Fort Reno Kid 

Archived