SASS Wire Forum

Top 10 leading men in westerns “#1 is no surprise”

Buckshot Bob

I can’t listen to that whole thing, can’t he just list them? That guy is annoying to listen to and I don’t agree anyway! I kept fast forwarding it! :P

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I can’t listen to that whole thing, can’t he just list them? That guy is annoying to listen to and I don’t agree anyway! I kept fast forwarding it! :P

I played it silent and remembered the movies!

5 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

I played it silent and remembered the movies!

Good idea!!

11 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Here’s his top 20 so he can make you twice as miserable :) 

Just now, Buckshot Bob said:

Here’s his top 20 so he can make you twice as miserable :) 

Gee thanks :lol:

Shows you the pesent state of the popularity of westerns.  Eight of the ten on the list are dead.  Eastwood and Duvall are both 92.

Fortunately I did not have to suffer through the list.  I clicked on the YouTube symbol then clicked more info and a written list popped down.

27 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

And now 50 times the misery 

3 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I’m surprised how little Tom Selleck gets mentioned in any of these videos 

Selleck is #1 on my list!

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Here’s a top 50 with no talking in it for you. 

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Shows you the pesent state of the popularity of westerns.  Eight of the ten on the list are dead.  Eastwood and Duvall are both 92.

Fortunately I did not have to suffer through the list.  I clicked on the YouTube symbol then clicked more info and a written list popped down.

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Here’s a top 50 with no talking in it for you. 

That's a good selection; covers all the bases, and is fast. In fact, my only question is Fess Parker-- if he's a Western star, so is Daniel Day Lewis!

13 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

That's a good selection; covers all the bases, and is fast. In fact, my only question is Fess Parker-- if he's a Western star, so is Daniel Day Lewis!

Lewis was a pretty good Hawkeye, the version with him in it is one of my favorites, but I think you’re right. It’s kinda pre western 

When does the West of the Western begin? Good discussion there. Hawkeye and Daniel Boone went West. So did the Mountain Men, and the California Forty-niners. And there's Texas.

Or was it only after the Civil War, when most of the movies are set? Was it when the cartridge firearm began to replace the percussion?

1 minute ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

When does the West of the Western begin? Good discussion there. Hawkeye and Daniel Boone went West. So did the Mountain Men, and the California 49s. And there's Texas.

Or was it only after the Civil War, when most of the movies are set?

Last of the Mohicans was pre revolutionary war so I couldn’t qualify that as a western. I guess I think about it in the terms of the great western expansion. So post civil war? I think an argument could be made for any time after the Louisiana purchase 

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I think an argument could be made for any time after the Louisiana purchase 

Pretty much my point of view. The movement into the far West was well underway before the Civil War, of course. California and Oregon were states before the war began....

Archived