SASS Wire Forum

Wild Weather Swings

Friday night temps plunged to -7 F plus wind chill from 50 mph wind.  Radiant system could not keep up. 

House temp  fell to 56, even with the gas fireplace running.  Added electric heaters on Saturday, thawed the pipes.  Luckily, nothing burst.

Saturday remained frigid.

This morning, we are at 45 with bright sun.  I guess I can put the electric heaters away for awhile.

LL

Right now it’s 46. It might reach 54.
Friday night it was 10 with a breeze. The “feels like” temp was 0.

Right now I am getting ready to take a ride on my motorcycle. :)

In my 63 years of being alive and looking at the long statistics it’s mostly hype. There’s only been a very minimum change in the weather. We just don’t live long enough to feel the normal planet changes. Axis shift plays an important part. As well as volcanic activity and many other factors. We as humans have very little effect on the weather unless we are purposefully doing so. Which is also possible since we as well as our enemies have been studying the ability to do so for over 100s of years. If not longer. Ancients even tried to seed the skies for rain.

I agree TTT.

(I'm in my 80th year.)

I remember class trips to the Victoria Museum in Ottawa where educators would show us tree rings from old growth Redwoods etc. and they would explain how the climate had changed, from time to time, even for decades and they would explain how other disciplines such as astronomers, geologists, volcanologists etc. were able to relate the changes to Sun activities, volcanoes etc. that occurred long before man could have had any impact on climate.

They told us about the mile thick glacier that covered where we now stood, long before man could have any effect.

(Maybe it was caused by the Mammoth or Sabre Tooth Tiger Industries of the time??)

Not so sure our kids hear about that any more. No money in it I guess.

If you talk to me about dumping crap in our oceans, lakes and rivers, I can relate and I'll believe what your saying and I abhor it.

If you talk to me about the use of non renewable resources, I'll listen. Have some viable alternatives available in your presentation.

2 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I know what you guys mean. Today it's supposed to get to 78. Tomorrow only 61. :D

Wear your coat!

This area is famous for  temp changes 
That day started out very cold in Spearfish, and at 7:30 am MST the temperature recorded was -4°F.   At that time Chinook winds picked up speed and two minutes later at 7:32 am the temperature rose to +45° F.  This was a 49° increase in just two minutes that is a record that still stands. Temperatures continued to rise and at 9:00 am the temperature reached +54° F. As the chinook winds died down and 27 minutes later the temperature dropped 58° F back to -4° F. The rapid temperature fluctuation that day caused glass windows to crack and instantly frosted car windows.

13 hours ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

In my 63 years of being alive and looking at the long statistics it’s mostly hype. There’s only been a very minimum change in the weather. We just don’t live long enough to feel the normal planet changes. Axis shift plays an important part. As well as volcanic activity and many other factors. We as humans have very little effect on the weather unless we are purposefully doing so. Which is also possible since we as well as our enemies have been studying the ability to do so for over 100s of years. If not longer. Ancients even tried to seed the skies for rain.

amen to that and ive been here 73 years , political BS should not implead progress for all in the world , we cannot control climate , and we all know there once was an ice age as well as that tropical period that supported the dinosaurs , just get over it - your not going to live forever , life is a sexually transmitted disease thats always fatal , do not make others suffer for some stupid agenda to change society that we all know to be false , 

It's been a wild swing here too, 15 Friday and Saturday was about 25 , yesterday was 46, today is 35, tomorrow is supposed to be 40+ and then a couple of 50's Wed and Thurs and then back to the high 30's on the weekend with a little bit of the white stuff. This has not been a bad winter so far and I know there's more winter left but we're over half way through! B) Spring is Mar 20!! 

MLB Opening day is Mar 30!!! Yay!:D

Archived