SASS Wire Forum

Marlin 60 fun.

Vail Vigilante

I pulled a Marlin 60 out of my parent's estate. It is the 14 round model. It is in not great shape, they stored it in a padded case in the humid NE weather and the barrel has external rust pits. But it shoots decent enough. Anyway I was thinking about getting it threaded for a suppressor. But I saw a guy today that had one of these Ruger Precision Rimfires and its one heck of a 22. Its already threaded and it has a better scope mount. It seems like I am always one rifle behind.....

That is the one gun I truly hope Ruger via Marlin re-releases. The Marlin 60. I had a Glenfield years ago. I gave it to my nephews. Very accurate and fun rifle. I kept meaning to buy myself a new Marlin 60. I just never got around to it. 
When I was a teenager my Dad had one that would go full auto. I disassembled it and cleaned it and it was no longer full auto when I got done with it. My Dad was so ticked at me. :lol: I just wanted to shoot an accurate rifle, not blow through ammo for giggles. 

1 hour ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Love my Ruger Precision 22 LR.

ruger precision.jpg

Holy Cow, Mark! That looks like a serious piece of hardware and fun too! :)

23 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Holy Cow, Mark! That looks like a serious piece of hardware and fun too! :)

I set it up like that to shoot NRL22.  So far, I've been able to make it to one match.  

Archived