SASS Wire Forum

Edwards AFB

Subdeacon Joe

" ÉTATS-UNIS

Le petit trait situé au Nord-Est sur la photo, c'est la célèbre Air Force Base d'Edwards en Californie  !

La base Edwards est une base aérienne de l'armée de l'air américaine située dans le désert des Mojaves.

On se souvient notamment des vols du mythique X-15 ou encore les atterrissages des navettes spatiales !

Franz - ISS83 
 January 27, 2022"

The line in the NE is Edwards AFB

FB_IMG_1675539339600.jpg.8c3528cd069278b8494f298d080fb39e.jpg

Thanks. I think. I have a hankering for Pinot Noir now. 

19 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Too bad there's no trace of Pancho Barnes' Happy Bottom Riding Club left anymore! ;)

What's left of the Happy Bottom Riding Ranch can be found at 34-51'49"N -- 117-57'22" on Google Earth. Quite a bit actually.

Ah...  Too bad Pancho is gone; Chuck Yeager is gone; and a whole era of aviation history is gone.  I was not lucky enough to be involved directly, and now am too old to get involved directly with the efforts to explore the high frontier. :(

On 2/4/2023 at 2:49 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

" ÉTATS-UNIS

Le petit trait situé au Nord-Est sur la photo, c'est la célèbre Air Force Base d'Edwards en Californie  !

La base Edwards est une base aérienne de l'armée de l'air américaine située dans le désert des Mojaves.

On se souvient notamment des vols du mythique X-15 ou encore les atterrissages des navettes spatiales !

Franz - ISS83 
 January 27, 2022"

The line in the NE is Edwards AFB

FB_IMG_1675539339600.jpg.8c3528cd069278b8494f298d080fb39e.jpg

TRANSLATED

" UNITED STATES The small line located in the northeast on the photo is the famous Air Force Base of Edwards in California! Edwards Air Force Base is a United States Air Force air base located in the Mojave Desert. We remember in particular the flights of the mythical X-15 or the landings of the space shuttles! Franz - ISS83 January 27, 2022"

Archived