SASS Wire Forum

Eureka!!

Alpo

You ever have one of them great ideas, and you wonder how come nobody else has ever done something this intelligent? And then you tell your friend and he tells you that he's been doing that all his life and that he learned it from his grandmother.

As I was eating my sandwich for lunch today, I noticed it was leaking pickle juice. On the second sandwich, on the plate, on my shirt.

And it suddenly occurred to me that if I were to take the pickle out of the jar and lay it on a paper towel, and then pat the top side of the pickles with another paper towel, that would absorb a lot of the pickle juice and maybe it wouldn't leak all over me.

And at first I thought that was a genius idea. :D  And then I wondered how many other people have been doing this for decades and I'm just learning it. :P

It’s one of the reasons decent sandwich shops will wrap your pickle in a napkin when they serve it with your sammich. In my opinion - regarding decent sammich shops. 

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I meant this kind of pickle

e0307400-e39b-42f6-baca-17def37eeb01_1.e

That's on the sandwich between the Swiss cheese and the mustard.

Shake them to get the last drops off. I'm pretty sure you know how to do that!

As for the bit about “has anyone done this before”?

in the 70s Detroit was very interested in robots. Carnegie Mellon was a leading school for robotics research. Scholars did a presentation to automotive engineers and mentioned squeaky wheels when the robot turned and how they solved the problem.

A Detroit engineer said “It’s called camber”.

3 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Shake them to get the last drops off. I'm pretty sure you know how to do that!

Like shaking the dew of your lilie!

Archived