SASS Wire Forum

Prayer Request

Doc Shapiro

Prayers continue!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still standing up on my knees for the man, and for yourself as well!

1 hour ago, Trigger Mike said:

How is he doing?

They've reduced him down to one sedation med, but he's still out and intubated.  Hopefully not much longer before they can remove the breathing help and let him come around.  Every time they reduce the sedation he gets agitated due to the tube into his lungs.

I bet he does.  Praying for him and you.   Thankfully they took my tube out early because I am resistant to anesthesia and woke up 2 hours earlier than they planned .  I could feel it and didn’t like it but they went ahead and took it out 3 hours earlier than planned but I imagine I’m much younger than your dad.  

they kept my dad sedated for the same reason when he had a bypass in his 70s.  He fretted over the tube.  

2 hours ago, Doc Shapiro said:

They've reduced him down to one sedation med, but he's still out and intubated.  Hopefully not much longer before they can remove the breathing help and let him come around.  Every time they reduce the sedation he gets agitated due to the tube into his lungs.

Great news.  It may be only a small step forward, but it's a step forward. Sort of like climbing the slip face of a sand dune, you might not gain much with each step, but eventually those small steps get you to the top.

Some good news, Doc!!  We’re still pulling for the both of ya’s!

Still standing up on my knees for your father and for yourself as well!

I have memories of being conscious on the vent and yes that damned tube (not that tube, that damned tube!) is well beyond aggravating!

I'll keep him in my prayers.

Treasure the time you have with him and all your loved ones.

I know you've all been waiting for an update.  I just got a text from my brother.  They have removed the breathing tube and dad is conscious.  He can't really talk yet, but wants to go home.  Numbers are getting better every day.  Best news in a month!

Hi folks.  Dad is off all of the big life support machinery.  He's got a feeding tube, and is on dialysis.  Apparently normal for such a long hospital stay and all the time on sedation.  He's sleeping a lot, but still improving. 

Good to hear!!

Still sending prayers!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the support, but the time is nigh.  Dad has been moved to palliative care.  There's nothing left that can be done.  He has a DNR, but they can't unplug the machines due to religious requirements.  It's up to him.

Still prayin Doc.

Prayers for a peaceful passage and comfort for all your family and his friends!

May you all find joy and love in his memory when you remember!!

O Almighty God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, we pray to You for Your servant whose sickness is bringing him to the end of his earthly life.

You are the God whose only-begotten Son taught us that not even the smallest sparrow can fall without Your knowledge, and that You hold all creation in Your merciful arms.

Look upon Your servant and allow this illness to be for the death only of those things which are the result of evil and sin.

Let his thoughts be quieted with the peace and confidence of his final deliverance into the fullness of Your love. Keep his soul and body pure,

and sanctify them during the time he  remains among us, that on the last day he may be raised up with all Your saints to live with You in never ending glory.

For to You belong praise and worship, to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen

2 hours ago, Doc Shapiro said:

Thanks for the support, but the time is nigh.  Dad has been moved to palliative care.  There's nothing left that can be done.  He has a DNR, but they can't unplug the machines due to religious requirements.  It's up to him.

So sorry Doc. I wish I had some profound comforting words but I don't. We all have to ride over the ridge soon or late. A little over a year ago my sister's husband died of pneumonia secondary to Covid. He wasn't on a vent, but it got so bad he couldn't take the O2 mask off long enough to eat, could barely drink a bit. He finally said enough is enough, called the family, when they got there he ripped the mask of and expired a couple minutes later.

I hope is journey is peaceful. Gonna talk to The Boss pretty quick, will lift up him and your family.

JHC

sad clown.jpg

Archived