SASS Wire Forum

VISA and GUN PURCHASES

Lawdog Dago Dom

I used to only use CC for the convenience and the ability to put off paying for 45 days (when interest actually paid something).

Now I use almost exclusively cash because I am tired of ALL of my data being sold!

I don’t have credit cards!!  I DO have a debit card that my bank treats just like a credit card as far as fraud and unauthorized charges go.

I use it for fuel purchases and sometimes for groceries or parts to be used in my shop. Otherwise, I take it to an ATM and get cash.  HELL! I use cash at the fast food drive through most of the time!!

The final paragraph:

“Several red states, including Florida, are considering legislation designed to halt the use of such codes, so this issue isn’t going away anytime soon. In fact, the Florida bill would make it a felony to assign a merchant category code “or otherwise classify a merchant that is a seller of firearms or ammunition separately from general merchandise retailers or sporting goods retailers”, so things could get very interesting in the near future as companies like Visa are forced to choose between following the edicts of the International Standards Organization or complying with Florida state laws.”

This state law should be pushed through on revenue alone.  These stores will see increased sales from unprotected states.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 7:44 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Interesting conversation about Discover joining in on this in the Saloon. Read Creeker's comments.B)

That conversation probably should’ve happened in this forum since it started pushing beyond a notice and towards motives/intentions.  Would a state protection law matter if a federal law like this passed and now has the MCC to implement it?

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/5764

Archived