SASS Wire Forum

A nice day

Utah Bob #35998

37° and clear skies. No snow predicted till Sunday night. Got the lawn furniture back in service. 
Actually my skull crushing days are long past. As I recall,  the last one I crushed was during the Sepoy Rebellion when Forty Rod and I were serving in the Lancers under Brigadier Sir Nigel Smythe-Carruthers, OBE.

Stout fellow, Sir Nigel. Good Officer. Lousy snooker player. Got the VC for keeping an uninterrupted supply of gin to the Officer’s Mess during the unpleasantness.

1BC0B72C-ECF6-482B-9138-759A4AEC55C9.jpeg

8C4DCA83-1D36-4832-A892-0BB790D6E0AA.jpeg

Breezy with light blowing snow here, causing some drifting. Temperature currently - 11 and expected to be - 37 tomorrow morning.

Time for Balle de Neige or Winter Carnival here!!

Got a thin glaze of ice from the first round of freezing rain, early Tuesday.  Another layer was dropped on Wednesday in the wee hours of the morning and the temperature never got above freezing yesterday.  Lots of roads closed due to pileups before daybreak, but the major thoroughfares were opened, for the most part, by rush hour. Side roads were not so good.

Another little dose of frozen precipitation this morning and another thin glaze on all the porches and decks.  Finally melted off some of it this afternoon, but my back steps are STILL iced over tonight!

Colder tomorrow, but the sun will finally shine, or so they say.

It’s been pretty gloomy here for the last few days.

YEP!!  Gots us a little sunshine this morning!!  It was 20 degrees just before full sunrise this morning!

The predicted high temperature today is 35!

The sheet of ice on the back deck orta be melted by lunchtime!!

Archived