SASS Wire Forum

Sometimes you just gotta love the internet

Alpo

I started researching casket keys. I had not been aware that caskets were locked.

https://www.funeraldirect.co/the-different-sizes-of-casket-keys/

I found this amazing information.

>Adult caskets typically hold 50 to 60 people. Grave dimensions are 30″ wide by 9″ long and 7 1/2″ deep for standard grave dimensions. Cemetery vaults or grave liners are usually used to keep caskets from crumbling over time under weight.<

I decided that the ditto marks  "  were a typo and we're supposed to be apostrophes  '  since ditto marks are used for inches, and I could not imagine a nine inch long, seven and a half inch deep grave.

But, "Adult caskets typically hold 50 to 60 people"???

Somebody needs to go back to editor school.

"

The caskets are equipped with a 5-inch Allen wrench (Casket Key) with a handle in the box. It is critical to unscrew a bolt at the casket’s end, insert the casket key into the hole, and turn the casket clockwise to open the casket.

Precision SAE sizes range from 0.028′′ to 0.035′′, and standard metric sizes range from 1.5mm to 5′3′′. If you must buy precision metric sizes, make sure they are required for the purpose they were designed for. SAE Allen wrench sizes are typically 1/16, 5/64, 3/32, 7/64, and 9/64. Metric Allen key sizes are not as common as they should be, but they do exist in some Allen Wrench sets. They are primarily used in specialized applications where size and strength constraints are met."

You don't turn the wrench (key), you turn the casket.

And I want to see that 5'3" Allen Wrench.

25 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I started researching casket keys. I had not been aware that caskets were locked.

https://www.funeraldirect.co/the-different-sizes-of-casket-keys/

I found this amazing information.

>Adult caskets typically hold 50 to 60 people. Grave dimensions are 30″ wide by 9″ long and 7 1/2″ deep for standard grave dimensions. Cemetery vaults or grave liners are usually used to keep caskets from crumbling over time under weight.<

I decided that the ditto marks  "  were a typo and we're supposed to be apostrophes  '  since ditto marks are used for inches, and I could not imagine a nine inch long, seven and a half inch deep grave.

But, "Adult caskets typically hold 50 to 60 people"???

Somebody needs to go back to editor school.

Maybe they've been cremated..........:lol:

1 minute ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Maybe they've been cremated

I was thinking that, but actually considered it in bad taste. Reminded me too much of the Jew Volkswagen joke.

9 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

"

The caskets are equipped with a 5-inch Allen wrench (Casket Key) with a handle in the box. It is critical to unscrew a bolt at the casket’s end, insert the casket key into the hole, and turn the casket clockwise to open the casket.

Precision SAE sizes range from 0.028′′ to 0.035′′, and standard metric sizes range from 1.5mm to 5′3′′. If you must buy precision metric sizes, make sure they are required for the purpose they were designed for. SAE Allen wrench sizes are typically 1/16, 5/64, 3/32, 7/64, and 9/64. Metric Allen key sizes are not as common as they should be, but they do exist in some Allen Wrench sets. They are primarily used in specialized applications where size and strength constraints are met."

You don't turn the wrench (key), you turn the casket.

And I want to see that 5'3" Allen Wrench.

Okay, I'll bite; what's the reasoning behind turning the casket compared to leaving that big heavy box stationary and turning the key?

Just now, Eyesa Horg said:

Okay, I'll bite; what's the reasoning behind turning the casket compared to leaving that big heavy box stationary and turning the key?

Another example of bad editing.

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I was wondering that myself.

Maybe it's easier to do that than to turn that 5'3" Allen Wrench.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Another example of bad editing.

Or..seeing as how a grave robber would be unable to turn the casket while down in the hole perhaps there’s a clever mechanism that makes it impossible to just turn the key. 

Further research may be needed. :wacko:

Archived