Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Alright, what is it called.....

Recommended Posts

......and where can I get the metal frame gadget that we used to shape the top of our eight sided Marine utility covers?


Be warned: when you get old this kind of question can get you committed by your kids or people who just don't understand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:



Started as using the Army HBT hat , Marines however had the 8 points rotated so that they could add the EGA,   its stayed since then 



That's what I've been able to find. 

But that Army hat stays round(ish) whereas the USMC cover is blocked so the the octagonal aspect is a defining characteristic.  I will say that it looks sharper than the Army version.


I remember back in the '60s talking with one of the neighbors as he blocked and starched his cover.  So stiff it could almost double as a hardhat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alright, what is it called.....



 I'll bet that over the years it's been called lots of things ........


     ........ almost all of them unprintable and impolite .......   :o




       .............. and sometimes inappropriate .............   :blush:






Edited by Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062
left out an important bit ....
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.