SASS Wire Forum

Story about Louisville metro PD

First Division Officer Hobbs was called to check the welfare of a 92 year old woman. Neighbors hadn't seen her for days & her dogs were outside.

Officers introduced themselves, she told them she just got out of the hospital and was embarrassed she hadn't cut her grass.

Officer Hobbs immediately went to work! She insisted on paying, however officers agreed to return for coffee and conversation as she admitted she gets lonely.

I've got a neighbor two doors down whose a city cop here. A few weeks ago I got stuck in a snowdrift in my own dam driveway! He attached a chain to my car and pulled me out. He's helped me on a few occasions with various things as well as I helped him also. Cops are people and neighbors just like everyone else!B)

Hundreds of such things every day in our republic.  They just don't make the news very often.

A cop buys lunch for someone.

A cop gives shoes to a homeless guy with rags on his feet.

A cop sits on a porch to just talk with someone who is lonely.

A cop plays a few minutes of basketball with some kids.  Then a few days later coms back for a rematch and brings Shaquille as his teammate.

8 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Hundreds of such things every day in our republic.  They just don't make the news very often.

A cop buys lunch for someone.

A cop gives shoes to a homeless guy with rags on his feet.

A cop sits on a porch to just talk with someone who is lonely.

A cop plays a few minutes of basketball with some kids.  Then a few days later coms back for a rematch and brings Shaquille as his teammate.

If it BLEEDS it LEADS! Good news very seldom makes it to the news channels but when it does it sure is uplifting!

On 1/31/2023 at 2:57 AM, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Plenty of stories like this which don’t get told. 

And the worst part is all you ever hear about are the story's of bad cops who give all the good cops bad names

These kind of things happen around here quite often as Florida has plenty of elderly folks that discover that mowing/lawn work in the Florida heat/humidity is NOT for the elderly. 

Sometime it's the cops who return on their own time to help out but, more often than not, it's usually the Fire Department or EMS personnel that return to help out.

Either way, I'm always happy to see them get good press instead of the press picking a few bad apples out of a barrel of many good ones.

Archived