SASS Wire Forum

Been to the National Motorcycle Museum?

sassnetguy50

I have been to the museum last summer. Going to get there again this summer before it closes. Lots of nice bikes there. Surprised me though...didn't see ant Crockers there. Did find out that there were two Ariel fours...a little different engine design.

This is a place I have wanted to visit for years. I suppose CoVid has yet again been the demise of another worthwhile attraction. 

Maybe I can go see it this summer. 

My guess is that covid was not the major factor.  J&P used to have a big rally at the main store near the museum, then they moved most of operations to the southeast.  Then they sold J&P cycles so the family no longer could support the museum as a business write off.  It was a great stop for Harley guys westbound to Sturgis, just 35 minutes from i80.  Then stop at J&P, they would pull anything from the warehouse and hand it to you.  Sometimes you could install it there.  Then get back on i80 for an hourish to stop at Brownells.  Then ride another 3.5hrs to see the American Speed Museum if you didn’t cut north first.

Archived