SASS Wire Forum

Federal large rifle primers

Tell Sackett SASS 18436

I had the opportunity to buy some Federal large rifle magnum primers the other day for a cost to me of $145 per 1000. Which I would resell to shooters at that price. 
My question is- is that a price you would pay? I don’t use these so I don’t know if that’s a fair price or not-these days!

I’ve looked some and have never seen them for less. Doesn’t mean it’s a price anyone would pay!

For some reason, large rifle primers of any manufacture are hard to get right now. I've seen (and heard) of $165 - $200 per M as of recent. Back when small pistol/rifle were hard to get , large rifle primers were everywhere and just as pricey as small. Now they seem to be unobtainium.

45 minutes ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

Your best bet to reasonably get LRP is trade. It was easy for me to trade a couple of thousand Fed SPP for the same number of LRP. Many more people are searching for the SPP.

Shoot, those are easy! Just might not care for the price!

Beginning of January, I was able to buy 1000 Federal Large Rifle Primers from Cabelas and do a ship to store for free shipping, no hazmat ($105 + tax)

Those are the first large rifle primers

I had the opportunity to purchase in close to a year at an acceptable price. 

Don’t know what’s up with large rifle, but they are like unicorn hunting. 

To answer your question, No I would not do that. 

YMMV. 

Vic

On 1/30/2023 at 4:41 PM, Yellowstone Vic SASS#32968 said:

Beginning of January, I was able to buy 1000 Federal Large Rifle Primers from Cabelas and do a ship to store for free shipping, no hazmat ($105 + tax)

Those are the first large rifle primers

I had the opportunity to purchase in close to a year at an acceptable price. 

Don’t know what’s up with large rifle, but they are like unicorn hunting. 

To answer your question, No I would not do that. 

YMMV. 

Vic

Cabelas now lists Large Rifle Magnum primers for $100/1,000 with free shipping to a local store.

Archived