SASS Wire Forum

Shotshell end rounders?

Currahee

Great stuff, if you need it.  The combined chamber checking and resizer is the best.   Keep one in  my cart since I shoot a double barrel.

good luck, GJ

I have tried other people's sizers mounted on their cart but I found the SlixSprings Shotshell Checker works great for me. I was having A LOT of trouble shucking shells (AA Low Recoil / Low Noise) from my slicked up Stoeger shotgun until I started using this device. I keep it on the cart and size everything that goes into my belt before and during the match.

On 1/30/2023 at 2:05 AM, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Great stuff, if you need it.  The combined chamber checking and resizer is the best.   Keep one in  my cart since I shoot a double barrel.

good luck, GJ

That's what I use.  Works great.  I check every shell before it goes in my belt on the stage.  It has virtually eliminated sticking shells in my SxS.

13 hours ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

I got in on the QuikLoader when it first came out 

a bit pricey but it does a great job of narrowing the crimp end by 3° 

https://coyotesmercantile.com/products/quikloader

This is the one I use.  I have it mounted on a drill press.  I have not tried others.

Chancy

4 minutes ago, Chancy Shot, SASS #67163 said:

This is the one I use.  I have it mounted on a drill press.  I have not tried others.

Chancy

What do you use to hold the shell?

2 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Next step is a hydraulic pump and a toggle switch.

....and remember Evil Bob....don't let the magic smoke out of the pump!

Kajun

12 hours ago, Blind Squirrel said:

I remove the crimp starter on my Mec press and mount the QuickLoader at that station. I load a bunch of shells, then use the QL for the final step. Crimp starter goes back on when finished. Takes two minutes to make the swap each time. 

On 1/31/2023 at 9:42 AM, Blind Squirrel said:

I have a different type & mount it in an old Lee Classic Turret press. It uses an RCBS 12 ga shell holder. Could use a single stage press too.

image.thumb.png.82750cdf88fce3f0f540a9bcdc296da5.png

On 1/31/2023 at 10:58 AM, Krazy Kajun said:

....and remember Evil Bob....don't let the magic smoke out of the pump!

Kajun

I worked in maintenance in a factory for 22 years and learned that virtually all equipment runs on smoke, if you let the smoke out it won’t run!:rolleyes:

Randy 

1 hour ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I worked in maintenance in a factory for 22 years and learned that virtually all equipment runs on smoke, if you let the smoke out it won’t run!:rolleyes:

Randy 

Randy, fortunately I was able to advise Badlands Bob on which smoke replacement cylinder he needed to obtain! :lol:

Kajun

4 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Randy 

First day of electronics school in the Navy we learned that all electronics run on magic smoke. 

Archived