SASS Wire Forum

SPF Winchester 1897 12ga 30” barrel (just a barrel) $99 shipped

8 hours ago, Rough 'N Ready Rob said:

Solid frames  have cuts in the barrel for extractors and short treads, take downs have no cuts and long treads. 

Also, all the Winchester Takedowns that I have seen have the threads milled flat on 2 sides to slide into the receiver and then twist the barrel to lock.

8 hours ago, Rough 'N Ready Rob said:

Solid frames  have cuts in the barrel for extractors and short treads, take downs have no cuts and long treads. 

This is correct.  The thread diameter is also smaller on the takedown version.  The extractor cuts are the only easy way to tell, unless you know the dimensions.  The listed barrel is for a takedown model.(unfortunately for me)  And is still available!

Just now, Boonie Young said:

Also, all the Winchester Takedowns that I have seen have the threads milled flat on 2 sides to slide into the receiver and then twist the barrel to lock.

That feature is part of the barrel "takedown extension" that this barrel threads into...

On 1/31/2023 at 6:41 AM, Fireball #7709 Life said:

That feature is part of the barrel "takedown extension" that this barrel threads into...

On 1/31/2023 at 11:11 AM, Rough 'N Ready Rob said:

What he said, the part with the flats is a adjusting sleeve, to be adjusted to to make the fit of barrel to receiver.

I humbly stand corrected.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived