SASS Wire Forum

Undergunned? Nope

ORNERY OAF

Just now, ORNERY OAF said:

Pards,

Left the house in a hurry today to meet a pal at the local gunshow...grabbed my extra mags at rolled down the highway. Half way there I realized I left my edc(FNX45) sitting on the table...well, I had a new pistol that I was taking to get a holster for, and that became my carry gun for today....went to the show, couple shops and scrap yard...ya know what, I absolutely DID NOT feel under gunned!!! What ya think.20230129_143215.thumb.jpg.0be7d22a74ccc4c79afc4430a2325ce1.jpg

My GAWD, man!!!!!  How can you say that you're not undergunned? 

No 29 round magazine loaded with hypervelocity .44 Magnum, super deluxe hollow points!!!  And where are the 18 backup magazines that are the bare minimum required for defense against a single, unarmed, 78 pound, 14 year old attacker?

3 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

And on the other side.....

A unsecured loaded weapon was left out in the open.... :rolleyes:

Funny, that was my thought as well. But easy to do! :ph34r:

That was the daily carry gun for my CCW instructor. 

48 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

And on the other side.....

A unsecured loaded weapon was left out in the open.... :rolleyes:

My gun on the table in my room, in my house with my dogs and my wife is unsecure???? Man, I think you old men fear too much

2 minutes ago, ORNERY OAF said:

My gun on the table in my room, in my house with my dogs and my wife is unsecure???? Man, I think you old men fear too much

Re-read your first post......

The loaded gun was left on a counter, no mention of anyone else around. ;)

22 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Re-read your first post......

The loaded gun was left on a counter, no mention of anyone else around. ;)

YOU need to re-read...it says left on a table, and I didn't know I had to qualify my occupants, and safety, securities,alarm condition, or even the condition of the pistol. So you read what you waanted into it to make a stupid comment. Sad, you old douchebags spend all day on the internet looking for something to complain about.  This was just a funny little story  for a couple comments on the new six-gun I had today. Find a life, live with less fear if you possibly can....and troll someone else's thread.

34 minutes ago, ORNERY OAF said:

YOU need to re-read...it says left on a table, and I didn't know I had to qualify my occupants, and safety, securities,alarm condition, or even the condition of the pistol. So you read what you waanted into it to make a stupid comment. Sad, you old douchebags spend all day on the internet looking for something to complain about.  This was just a funny little story  for a couple comments on the new six-gun I had today. Find a life, live with less fear if you possibly can....and troll someone else's thread.

Chill out Francis :lol::rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, ORNERY OAF said:

Relax.  This is the Saloon-- the fun sassnet place.   What happens in the Saloon stays in the Saloon.  

13 minutes ago, ORNERY OAF said:

It's all in the Salon and therefore just fun....they call me Ornery for a reason;)

I'm all good with being ornery, and calling people out on their reading things in that aren't there. Even calling them trolls. "Douchebag" kind of crosses a line for me.

1 hour ago, ORNERY OAF said:

Awful touchy there young feller!:P

EH "The old douchebag"

1 hour ago, DocWard said:

I'm all good with being ornery, and calling people out on their reading things in that aren't there. Even calling them trolls. "Douchebag" kind of crosses a line for me.

You got offended by something you were not involved in and nothing to do with you.....hmm...sounds kinda Democratty;)

23 minutes ago, ORNERY OAF said:

You got offended by something you were not involved in and nothing to do with you.....hmm...sounds kinda Democratty;)

No offense taken here!:o

55 minutes ago, ORNERY OAF said:

Just making an observation. There's a difference between crossing a line and being offended. It takes a whole lot more than that to offend me. I've been insulted far worse by better. :P

6 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Carried one with 5 1/2" barrel for many years as a civilian and for one year in 'Nam.

FR, I gotta give it to ya....that is pretty cool....we use the single actions so much,I'm sure several of us are very proficient with one and could easily match a nare-do-well unwashed yahoo with a g-lock

40 minutes ago, ORNERY OAF said:

FR, I gotta give it to ya....that is pretty cool....we use the single actions so much,I'm sure several of us are very proficient with one and could easily match a nare-do-well unwashed yahoo with a g-lock

All it takes is one lead bullet in the brain pan or heart to stop a gunfight.  Just be sure you get off the first and only shot.

I'm really confident I have enough gut with my "new" every day carry gun, a Colt Detective Special with Hornady hollow points.  No semblance of being under gunned.

I carry a SW J frame 5 shots of Hornady Critical Defense .38 spl. Unless I’m being attacked by more than 5 I’m okay. Many times if there’s a couple attackers one shot will scare them off. Hopefully! 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Bottles, we got douchebags calling people “douchebags”. What’s in this swill anyway?

Didn't they ever teach you to never ask what's in the whiskey?

On 1/31/2023 at 5:16 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I carry a SW J frame 5 shots of Hornady Critical Defense .38 spl. Unless I’m being attacked by more than 5 I’m okay. Many times if there’s a couple attackers one shot will scare them off. Hopefully! 

Sharyn carry’s the same. I have yet to find a semi that she can’t limp wrist into jamming.

Archived