SASS Wire Forum

Okay I don’t understand this

Utah Bob #35998

One person was killed and four others were injured following a mass shooting Saturday in Baltimore after a passenger was shot and crashed their car, police said.

Just saw this from CBS news. A passenger crashed their car?  What? 

According to ABC News

One person was killed and four others were injured following a mass shooting Saturday in Baltimore after a passenger was shot and crashed their car, police said.

The incident took place around 6:39 p.m. when a woman was driving in her car and crashed after being shot, police said. Central District officers responded to the intersection of Pennsylvania Avenue and Laurens Street in reference to a Shot Spotter alert, according to the Baltimore Police Department.

I guess, technically, if you are in the car and the car is moving you are a passenger. Even if you are the one that is driving. I guess.

17 minutes ago, Alpo said:

According to ABC News

The incident took place around 6:39 p.m. when a woman was driving in her car and crashed after being shot, police said. Central District officers responded to the intersection of Pennsylvania Avenue and Laurens Street in reference to a Shot Spotter alert, according to the Baltimore Police Department.

I guess, technically, if you are in the car and the car is moving you are a passenger. Even if you are the one that is driving. I guess.

No. You are technically either a driver if in control of the vehicle or a passenger if not. And the increasing use of they, their, and them as replacement pronouns is making news stories mor and more incomprehensible. I watched a very uncomfortable local newsman correct himself 3 times the other night trying to describe a suspect and victim by using neutral genders. I felt sorry for him.

They are gearing up to sway people’s acceptance of cars that drive themselves. 
When that occurs retinal scans will drive advertising everywhere you go snd all crime will be nonexistent because of nerds in swimming pools making predictions and notifying the authorities via walnut wooden balls…

The whole thing will come crashing down with an investigation into a Minority Report. 

image.png.f1b757fdf6450a5218e4916f7db474df.png

im not taking issue with any replys here - they all are clearly understandable , its the original reporter using grammar school education in their writing that is leading to this thread and all the confusion is the responsibility of the one that hired him/her to do this job ......yes i used pronouns but they are correctly used as we dont know the sex of the idiot that wrote the piece 

4 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

No. You are technically either a driver if in control of the vehicle or a passenger if not. And the increasing use of they, their, and them as replacement pronouns is making news stories mor and more incomprehensible. I watched a very uncomfortable local newsman correct himself 3 times the other night trying to describe a suspect and victim by using neutral genders. I felt sorry for him.

Well then technically - she was the driver until she got shot.

After getting shot - a passenger.

Or as the joke goes...

I just want to fall sleep and pass away peacefully like my grandpa did.

Not crying and screaming like everyone else in the car.

I think it’s just bad writing and no one edited it. Probably due to tryin to be the first out with the story which causes mistakes!:huh:

In my old job I got to meet quite a few tv and newspaper reporters. I can honestly say that none that I encountered in 33 years had the brains God gave a goose, as my Mother used to say. 

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I think it’s just bad writing and no one edited it. Probably due to tryin to be the first out with the story which causes mistakes!:huh:

I see this ALL THE TIME in the four local news outlets we have. Poor grammar, misspellings, fragmented sentences...

Either there are more editors or the editors are just as sloppy as the "journalists" now.

Or they're all just graduated from 3rd grade.

8 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

They are gearing up to sway people’s acceptance of cars that drive themselves...

But... MOST importantly,  what gender will these new cars identify as?

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

I see this ALL THE TIME in the four local news outlets we have. Poor grammar, misspellings, fragmented sentences...

Either there are more editors or the editors are just as sloppy as the "journalists" now.

Or they're all just graduated from 3rd grade.

No, it was Journalism school.

Sad isn't it?

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

But... MOST importantly,  what gender will these new cars identify as?

Non-Binary!

One of our local news stations has those "special alert" that interrupt you're watching. They spell it "ralert"! Been that way for years now and still not fixed. There are spelling errors every night on their banners. It's disgusting.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed dogs only come male or female, and if you have them “fixed” their pronouns don’t change? :D

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm: :FlagAm:
Gateway Kid

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

In my old job I got to meet quite a few tv and newspaper reporters. I can honestly say that none that I encountered in 33 years had the brains God gave a goose, as my Mother used to say. 

Good friend of mine worked in TV for years, said basically the same thing. " Dirty Laundry" was their theme song. "I just have to look good, I don't have to be clear".

Archived