SASS Wire Forum

Gettin the band back together

Lawdog Dago Dom

Thanks…Thanks a lot. I woke feeling pert as a ruttin’ buck and then I see this. Are you trying to make me feel old? :lol:

Hey, I looked at the bright side.
All the drugs and alcohol those people did and they’re still around? There is hope for me yet. 

They didn’t even bother listing Keith Richards. His name being on the list would just be a given. :D

Well, is the glass half empty or half full?

Only you can make that call.

My view is that if I have a favorite in that group, I might just make a road trip if it's not too distant. (and gas is not outrageous)

We all have a casket in our future. I just don't want to sit and stare at mine until it gets here.:D

Interesting. They list Paul Simon, 81, but not Art Garfunkel, also 81.

They have Mick Jagger, 79, but not Keith Richards, also 79.

But they do have both surviving Beatles - Ringo, 82,  and Paul, 80. Maybe they're both listed because they are different ages?

4 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Thanks…Thanks a lot. I woke feeling pert as a ruttin’ buck and then I see this. Are you trying to make me feel old? :lol:

Hey, I looked at the bright side.
All the drugs and alcohol those people did and they’re still around? There is hope for me yet. 

They didn’t even bother listing Keith Richards. His name being on the list would just be a given. :D

They didn't list Keith Richards due to the fact that he's been dead ever since 1969...his body just hasn't detoxed enough yet to know it.:ph34r:

15 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

They didn’t even bother listing Keith Richards. His name being on the list would just be a given.

That's because no one knows for sure how old he is. ;)

3 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

That's because no one knows for sure how old he is. ;)

https://imgur.io/gallery/6f5TAwv

Ah, Grace Slick.

Jefferson Airplane, Big Brother and the Holding Company, Moby Grape, Quicksilver Messenger Service....they played at Cal dances in Berkeley when I was a frat boy there in 1966-67.

Does that mean I'm old, too? Say it ain't so!

We had fun times then.

I stopped playing in 2015 and left the band I was with, when Mom became the head conductor on the San Diego Crazy Train.
We had to move down there and sort out her mess... 16 months away.
After we got back, the cardiac problems surfaced...

In short, I haven't played music at all, for 7 years now.
It would be nice to find a group of old farts with similar musical interests, and without the usual Hard Left musician views.
Rare to find, this is.

Archived