SASS Wire Forum

You ever wonder why no one calls 911?

Alpo

I mean themselves.

Watching a show, and the girl is talking to the guy, and suddenly machine gun is shot through the window and the guy catches three in the chest, and he's on his back on the floor.

And the girl hollers, "SOMEBODY CALL 911!!!"

But she didn't do it. She yells for someone else to.

Show I was watching last night, same thing happened. Man was apparently poisoned. Fell to the floor frothing at the mouth. And the guy he was talking to yells, "SOMEBODY CALL 911!!!"

They never do it themselves. They always want someone else to do it.

Hmmm.

I actually know a couple of people who do not have cell phones.

47 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

In all the first aid training If you are rendering aid you are supposed to point to someone and say "YOU, call 911". 

Absolutely! Your first order of business is aid to the person in trouble. If you can react and someone else is there you should get them to call for additional aid.  

Some of that training goes all the way back to wall phones though. I know I took it then.

Now days if you yell hey siri call 911 loud enough you can voice call 19 times.

Take out cell Dial 911 put it on speaker toss it on the ground and get to work

Someone has to call 911 because the (supposedly) injured person is usually on the phone to their lawyer.

Or, it could be because there really is an injured person and performing CPR is hard to do while calling 911.

14 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

In all the first aid training If you are rendering aid you are supposed to point to someone and say "YOU, call 911". 

Bingo!  

But, this might be a better option:

4 hours ago, Texas Joker said:

Take out cell Dial 911 put it on speaker toss it on the ground and get to work

Although the times I've called 911 on my cellphone, except for one time, I've spent at least five minutes muttering, "Come on!  Answer, dammit!"

6 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Out here, I dial a one first.

911 here goes the the next county south. Then they ask if you’re in Montezuma or Dolores county. You’d think a sophisticated 911 system would indicate which county you’re calling from.

Well..,, a Sophisticated system would. ;)
So I just call the county sheriff’s office direct. Although I have to put in the area code now. :angry:

4 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

911 here goes the the next county south. Then they ask if you’re in Montezuma or Dolores county. You’d think a sophisticated 911 system would indicate which county you’re calling from.

So I just call the county sheriff’s office direct. Although I have to put in the area code now. :angry:

1911!

On 1/28/2023 at 11:46 AM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

So UB, are you in Dolores County? Are you between Cahone and Dove Creek or between Cahone and Pleasant View?

PF

On 1/28/2023 at 3:44 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

Just the thing for a cardiac emergency or compound fracture
!

Exactly. Makes a poor splint. 

8 minutes ago, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

So UB, are you in Dolores County? Are you between Cahone and Dove Creek or between Cahone and Pleasant View?

PF

228C6338-956B-4728-A74B-82E26B5C82FB.jpeg

Archived