SASS Wire Forum

Need Mag loader advice

:ph34r: Well, Zeb outdrew me on this one.

Well C. W., we seem to be occupying the same boat.....  I found the Uplula device to be my solution.  Has capability to do single-stack .45 as well as Glock  9mm.

Sold all over----Midway, Natchez, Brownel's.  Proper technique turns magazine loading time into....almost fun.

I have to agree with everyone else, Ranger Dan showed me one when I shot the first Auto Challenge.  For us old arthritic folks trying to shoot those newfangled auto loading pistols they are great!

Randy 

31 minutes ago, Shepherd Book said:

Absolutely!  Great mag loader!  SB

I even bought the baby uplula for .22 lr. Getting soft I guess? But this time of year those little cracks in the corners of you thumbs don’t need any more encouragement to bust open :lol:

When you buy one also pick up the 1911 adapter for single stack magazines. It attaches to the bottom via a little split ring. When loading a Double stack mag unsnap it from the bottom and the split ring keeps it from getting lost.

Works so well I have one in my 45 ACP range box and a second one in my 9mm range box.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2136952670

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1015160440

image.png.a09a5a8791ecc0a5ffac7bc928f65368.png

If you only had 1 style mag to load I really like Speed Beezs.  Only downside is it will only load 1  specif mag.   Have one for Glock.   Upula works on basically any mag.    If you owned a Glock, SW and an HK, you would need 3 different Speed Beezs.  But only 1 Upula.       GW

+8 for Maglula :D

8 hours ago, Horn_Ridge said:

I even bought the baby uplula for .22 lr. Getting soft I guess? But this time of year those little cracks in the corners of you thumbs don’t need any more encouragement to bust open :lol:

FYI: The Uplula .22 unit does not work on Glock 44 mags. 

Now for some finger tip help:

image.jpeg.cca027c0dc2415323adc43a3e7a834bb.jpeg
Try a tube of this. Use it every night. It will help. Just a small amount and concentrate on your finger tips. A little goes a long way. 
They also have their regular formula for day use. You can get it at Walmart. 

WOW! and a big Cowboy Thanks:D for all of the feedback.  'Specially those with pictures:).  I will check Midsouth (3 miles away) and if no luck I will go Midway.  New 1911 in 9mm Commander frame 3" bull bbl.  Mags will hold 8 rds but 6,7, & 8 get real tough on a old Cattle Baron's thumbs.  (CB, all hat and no horses!!) 

Thanks again, I knew this would be da place.  C.W.  :FlagAm:

Thought my Upula was going to break before got 15th round in Hellcat Pro.        GW

58 minutes ago, G W Wade said:

Thought my Upula was going to break before got 15th round in Hellcat Pro.        GW

Did it?

I have an Uplula that I have had for years and loaded hundreds of mags. No problem. 

51 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Did it?

I have an Uplula that I have had for years and loaded hundreds of mags. No problem. 

Was bending pretty good.  Still surviving     GW

When I did my CC renewal last time they were also having a new CC class qualification.  It was entertaining / scary to watch the mall crawler crowd try to get more than 3 rounds of 9mm in a magazine.

:D BIGGER WOW! Rec'd my loader from Midway in two days.  After I went thru the monkey & football routine, I did what my wife told me to do and read the Da&&** instructions. Durn, she was right (again).  All went well, loaded 5, 1911 9mm mags smoothly.  Used the 1911 adapter that SD recommended.  All is good, except the nice little snap ring, just up and snapped right off some where in my basement hideout.  Oh well a bit of hobbie wire fixed it.  Thanks again to all who responded.  C-U, C.W.  :FlagAm:

Archived