SASS Wire Forum

Need help! Marlin 1894 cbc failure to extract

Long Gun Preacher

Can you post ANOTHER picture of that pin.   Maybe a larger picture of it.

Something don't seem right, especially if that pin fell out of the extractor.

Thanks

..........Widder

4 hours ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:  Ascertain you aren't using 'A-merc' brass.  They won't hardly extract from ANY rifle.....

Check with Ranger Point for their Marlin extractor assembly.  Worth every penny.

RPP has not been able to deliver for a year. They write on their home page ASAP but nothing happens. 

2 hours ago, Lassy LaRock said:

RPP has not been able to deliver for a year. They write on their home page ASAP but nothing happens. 

I didn't know this.

Wonder why? .....

They make the very best Marlin 94 extractor! 

Been using one for many years.

8 hours ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:  Ascertain you aren't using 'A-merc' brass.  They won't hardly extract from ANY rifle.....

Check with Ranger Point for their Marlin extractor assembly.  Worth every penny.

Dang, RPP is showing OOS for the extractor.

Suggest calling them Monday. 

Maybe they sold them all to Marlin/Ruger for the new 1894s that are to be released this year.   :ph34r:  If not they should have.

14 hours ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

+1  I put one in each of my Marlins. It's the only way to go!

On 1/27/2023 at 9:50 PM, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

Having reloaded for many years (18+) commercially for cas shooters, I want to comment on the A-merc' brass. It was such a problem in customer ' firearms and then when I reloaded this brass, I started early on, taking a small hammer to those cases and then tossing them in the brass recycle bucket. Same as I did with all aluminum cases. Just a different recycle bucket.

I've had extraction come to sudden stop when using BP. The fouling in the 45 builds up and doesn't allow the extractor to grab the case. Trying annealed cases this year.

Anyway, remove the extractor and be sure the hole is clean. Not positive, but I think the pin is driven from the bottom. You can kinda see which way it has to go.

New gun or new to you? If new to you, I’d remove the bolt and remove the extractor and clean it. It’s very easy to do.

And, send my sweetheart @Widder, SASS #59054 :wub: some pictures of your rifle. The force is STRONG in him!

Good luck and hugs!

Scarlett

On 1/28/2023 at 5:18 PM, Cholla Bob said:

Maybe they sold them all to Marlin/Ruger for the new 1894s that are to be released this year.   :ph34r:  If not they should have.

That would be a pity and wrong if they think like that. It might not help those who have an older model.

Another question: where exactly is the difference in the RPP ectractor between #1 and #2?
My Marlin needs the #2, does the #1 work too?
#1I might get.

8 minutes ago, Lassy LaRock said:

That would be a pity and wrong if they think like that. It might not help those who have an older model.

Another question: where exactly is the difference in the RPP ectractor between #1 and #2?
My Marlin needs the #2, does the #1 work too?
#1I might get.

Hole location in the bolt.

RPP is showing OOS for the extractor.

You should giv'em a call .....

Archived