SASS Wire Forum

How one learns from another

My lap buddy that I had to put down last year at 12 years old. She was always in my lap or behind my knees in bed.

CE366C23-4D8B-440F-B3B7-2950EE862313.jpeg

She raised this boy for eighteen months. He always wanted to be in my lap like her

312E090D-927D-49FA-9FC4-2CCE24755585.jpeg

I’ve gone from a 6 pound girl to a 120 pound boy that is still growing and insisted on being in my now 142 pound lap

81AA6548-B173-4A9C-8ADE-CED48CC675EF.jpeg

This morning we put down our old decrepit blind/deaf 19 year old  Pomeranian. It sucks but I guess it goes with the territory.

JHC :(

The Power of the Dog, Rudyard Kipling

https://www.bartleby.com/364/335.html

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

Raised on a farm, never had an animal in the house. 

No offense, but that’s your loss.

15 minutes ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

I trust my dog , more than I do most people 

he can hear better ,  and smell better than I can 

CB 

Maybe you should take baths with him!!  At least the two of ya’s would smell like each other!! :o :lol:

How’s ol’ Buddy anyway?  Ain’t seen you in a coon’s age!  I’m amazed that he still puts up with you!!

Blackwater 

he be even more spoiled than ever , as to giving him a bath , he is all for it , as he gets to lay around in the house and gets treats 

reckon , he is about 12 years old , now , getting long in the tooth for a lab  but my other lab , made it to almost 17 

hope all is well down your way , 

CB 

2 hours ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

Blackwater 

he be even more spoiled than ever , as to giving him a bath , he is all for it , as he gets to lay around in the house and gets treats 

reckon , he is about 12 years old , now , getting long in the tooth for a lab  but my other lab , made it to almost 17 

CB 

I understand that love. I raised and trained labradors for bird for over 30 years. Heck of a breed. Cut my teeth on Shepard’s first. Older and broker, can’t bird hunt anymore so went back to the European shepard for protection. He is worth all the money I spent on him. Doesn’t leave my side for anything. I would feel sorry for anyone that confronted me aggressively.  When you give them good guidance and love they are more loyal than other humans unconditionally

4 hours ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

Blackwater 

CB 

YEP!!  Them Labs love to get wet!!  He’s been a great companion to ya’!

Everything’s purty good around here. Jezzy and the Bopper are both 15 this year.  Bopper’s birthday was last week and Jezzy’s birthday is Valentines day.  When the two of ‘em get together, it’s a big pile of boy and dog on the couch for hours at a time!

Schoolmarm says howdy and sends ya’ a hug!

Hatfield is over at my buddy’s shop helping him put an engine in a Lexus.  He’s been working out of my shop and doing well.

Ya’ NEED ta’ get over this way sometime soon!!

Archived