SASS Wire Forum

Rapid Disassembly

Wooden Nickel

Unpacked another box of stuff my uncle has had stored for some years. I don’t know any of the history but wish I could hear the story!

First pic is S&W parts kinda dumped from the box6A130E73-9BA4-4A45-9604-1017BD69AD95.thumb.jpeg.cdc7691047ea2004db70bd2ea98ac376.jpeg

This second shows that all the kings men couldn’t put Humpty Dumpty back together again.B4A80F26-A5D0-4188-8F84-BBC9609BAA6D.thumb.jpeg.37be4ba5c8a70a0d0f2050b5870da84e.jpegI’m not sure without a story that these are worth me keeping but since some of the best stories are fiction…. Maybe there’s a story in the makin.

Seems to be very sloppy torch cuts made to demil those handguns.   Did the uncle have a police department connection?  Those could be evidence guns that were no longer needed to be kept for the future.

good luck, GJ

1 hour ago, Wooden Nickel said:

Unpacked another box of stuff my uncle has had stored for some years. I don’t know any of the history but wish I could hear the story!

First pic is S&W parts kinda dumped from the box6A130E73-9BA4-4A45-9604-1017BD69AD95.thumb.jpeg.cdc7691047ea2004db70bd2ea98ac376.jpeg

This second shows that all the kings men couldn’t put Humpty Dumpty back together again.B4A80F26-A5D0-4188-8F84-BBC9609BAA6D.thumb.jpeg.37be4ba5c8a70a0d0f2050b5870da84e.jpegI’m not sure without a story that these are worth me keeping but since some of the best stories are fiction…. Maybe there’s a story in the makin.

Come on WN, fess up to it… aren’t these the guns you shot with us at the Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros monthly match last weekend? You mentioned how you were going to overcharge your 38’s ala Elmer Keith and develop a new wildcat cartridge that would take the cowboy action world by storm… with the power factor of .454 casull in a 38sw case shot through a bp cylinder midified to fit in  swingout revolvers… you mentioned how you’d try and get your mother-in-law to try one and if it didn’t work, you were sure your father-law would want to try the the second revolver….. looks like you really did take your in-laws to the range after all…good for you! 

(hows that for a story? :lol:)

On 1/27/2023 at 5:25 PM, El Catorce said:

Come on WN, fess up to it… aren’t these the guns you shot with us at the Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros monthly match last weekend? You mentioned how you were going to overcharge your 38’s ala Elmer Keith and develop a new wildcat cartridge that would take the cowboy action world by storm… with the power factor of .454 casull in a 38sw case shot through a bp cylinder midified to fit in  swingout revolvers… you mentioned how you’d try and get your mother-in-law to try one and if it didn’t work, you were sure your father-law would want to try the the second revolver….. looks like you really did take your in-laws to the range after all…good for you! 

(hows that for a story? :lol:)

Going to continue working on the story started by El Catorce, ( sending him some of the wildcat loads as a special thanks). Hope to publish it under the pen name of Half-hand Hank.  You can also expect a sequel based upon these two additional S&W’s carcasses.

614C2035-4BA7-4015-8D9E-EA7E8D1BAEE2.thumb.jpeg.4e68540a670314147823a161b5a899c3.jpeg

I also suspect that these were torched by a police department somewhere.  Maybe cleaning out the evidence room.  Lots of agencies don't sell seized, recovered guns back to the public.  They get court orders to destroy them after they are no longer needed for court.

12 minutes ago, Wooden Nickel said:

Going to continue working on the story started by El Catorce, ( sending him some of the wildcat loads as a special thanks). Hope to publish it under the pen name of Half-hand Hank.  You can also expect a sequel based upon these two additional S&W’s carcasses.

614C2035-4BA7-4015-8D9E-EA7E8D1BAEE2.thumb.jpeg.4e68540a670314147823a161b5a899c3.jpeg

If you have those, I would love to get the lanyard ring and the grips from these!

7 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

If you have those, I would love to get the lanyard ring and the grips from these!

DeaconKC If I decide not to keep ‘em you will be on top of the list- I don’t know the what and when but here’s another view56CFB8FF-290E-47EF-B54F-85A4F91AA3D5.thumb.jpeg.88f4cc0cf5ff5b4e7a9fa876622726ca.jpeg

The grips on the pocket pistol have some value. 

Hugs! 

Scarlett

On 1/29/2023 at 7:05 PM, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I also suspect that these were torched by a police department somewhere.  Maybe cleaning out the evidence room.  Lots of agencies don't sell seized, recovered guns back to the public.  They get court orders to destroy them after they are no longer needed for court.

Not sure if it's a Montana law or just in my county, but police departments are not allowed to destroy guns. If they are legal, they have to be sold back to the public thru auctions. Only FFL holders can bid.

26 minutes ago, Jeb Stuart #65654 said:

Not sure if it's a Montana law or just in my county, but police departments are not allowed to destroy guns. If they are legal, they have to be sold back to the public thru auctions. Only FFL holders can bid.

That's the way it is in Georgia too. However, I can't see California or New Jersey selling those evil guns back into circulation.

Archived