SASS Wire Forum

Some interesting facts I found on so called cattle pollution

Back in the heydays of the Old West, there is an estimate that 60 million Buffalos roamed the plains at one time. Today the BLM estimates that there are only 18000 cattle managed by ranchers out west.

There were some say 50 times that amount after the Civil War ended, in fact 27 million were shipped East after the war on cattle drives. I find it odd there wasn't a Climate Problem created by these huge herds then compared to now.

The green people on climate control say cattle are the worst polluters in creating Menthane Gas every time the burp. 

19 minutes ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

I find it odd there wasn't a Climate Problem created by these huge herds then compared to now.

That's easy.... nobody thought that they could make money on a junk science "crisis. "

Also, you can't look at it in isolation.   How many automobiles were there?   How many smelters, power plants, heavy industrial plants using fossil fuels?

That out of the way, for over half a century alarmist Levelers have been screaming about some sort of climate or ecological "crisis" using bad science, lies, distortion, and political bullying to advance a wealth redistribution scam.   

11 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Going by western area cattle ranches and tabulated by the BLM. I'm sure there are more Southwest and East of the Mississippi. Actual count?  I know my dad sold all his off before passing to Armour broker, 2200 heads.

12 minutes ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

Going by western area cattle ranches and tabulated by the BLM. I'm sure there are more Southwest and East of the Mississippi. Actual count?  I know my dad sold all his off before passing to Armour broker, 2200 heads.

I've dealt with the BLM. Not on my list of competent and trustworthy.

2 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

I've dealt with the BLM. Not on my list of competent and trustworthy.

I think the bureaucrats left off a few zeros.  I'd bet the beer money there are ranches just in Texas that run over 18k head.

JHC

I would bet there’s more cattle now than there ever were. I don’t think that has anything to do with climate change though I’m just sayin’…..

7 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

Drive past the stockyards in Pratt Kansas.  :blink:

Dodge City, Garden City, Kansas, and Clayton, New Mexico are perfumey too.

But localized.

Archived