SASS Wire Forum

Holster for Ruger Birdshead Wrangler 3 3/4” barrel

Seldom Seen #16162

I brought a Ruger Birdshead Wrangler with 3 3/4” barrel and really like it small size and weight. I can foresee carrying it a lot around the farm if I can find the right holster. Cost of holster is a bit of a issue as this is a inexpensive gun. Suggestions for carry from the posse?

Cabelas sells the Hunter brand holsters. They were running around $30. May be a bit more now. I don’t know which model will fit your guns. When I started CAS I bought a couple for my Vaqueros. Took the guns in the store to check fit. Once i got the gun fund back up I bought a Mernickle rig. The Hunters are now for my gun cart. 

Sam Sackett 

14 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I don’t own a Ruger Wrangler, let alone a birdshead model, but if I were looking for an inexpensive holster I would try here:

https://www.etsy.com/market/ruger_wrangler_birdshead_holsters

Yep. Bought 2 from there. Great little holsters. I have friends use them when I have someone go to a match with me. Not Mernickles but they don't cost like them either.

Thank you for the suggestions so far. I am not impressed with the stitches on Big Texas Holsters.

I like the carry options on DeSantis Wild Hog.

Hunter doesn’t list one on their website. I would like to check out Triple K in person.

On 1/27/2023 at 12:55 PM, Seldom Seen #16162 said:

I brought a Ruger Birdshead Wrangler with 3 3/4” barrel and really like it small size and weight. I can foresee carrying it a lot around the farm if I can find the right holster. Cost of holster is a bit of a issue as this is a inexpensive gun. Suggestions for carry from the posse?

I've never seen the ruger, how close is it in size to a thunderer? 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived