SASS Wire Forum

Need an experienced opinion

Alpo

Would the Glock in the bad guys hand discharge?

Notice the bad guy has his finger on the trigger.

IMG_20230126_211126488.thumb.jpg.412763d028c54514eba53144d1e47825.jpg

Notice as the good guy is about to disarm the bad guy, the bad guy still has his finger on the trigger.

IMG_20230126_211202468.thumb.jpg.942bec2c21e8ba4b5d666b261c55c3b8.jpg

Now as the good guy makes that sweeping movement from left to right, and grabs the Glock by the barrel and snatches it out of the bad guy's hand

IMG_20230126_211221549.thumb.jpg.bbeda44a117fd8c02fe46e1baa19a819.jpg

Would he or would he not shoot himself in the hand?

:lol:

I wouldn’t grab it because the finger on the trigger might set it off especially if it’s turned toward the bad guy’s hand. 

Judging by the phot the problem could be solved with a well placed shot from the good guy’s gun. 

That’s NCIS isn’t it? I believe I recall that scene and thought the same thing. Wrenching the gun away could be the cause of a discharge. 

It is NCIS. Where physics, science and reality get stretched and twisted to make a plot work for the creators. 

8 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Depends upon if it's in the script or if Alec Baldwin is the one holding the Glock. 

Good one!!! :lol:
I would bet that gun would go off!!

45 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

He pushes the slide back a little which takes it out of battery thus rendering it incapable of firing.

:D

Exactly, there are multiple proven techniques, most of which rely on taking the gun out of battery rendering it unable to fire. Others use striking the wrist, paralizing the hand.

A fellow supervisors son from work was in the Corp. He had me point an unloaded Glock in his general direction. In a blink of an eye he handed me the slide! Amazing how fast he did it!

I had a friend/mentor/gunsmith/police instructor that showed me how to do that decades ago, facing or with a gun at your back. Deflect the weapon away from your body, grasp the gunman's wrist TIGHT with fingers in the middle of his wrist at pressure points. Grasp the FRAME of the pistol and twist it into the thumb and away from the fingers. He could do it to you in a fraction of a second even when you knew what was coming. And he'd have your pistol butt at the top of your nose. You know if he did it for real he'd have hit you between the running lights and you'd be on the ground.

JHC

John Henry Fitzgerald did similar in demonstrations, purportedly Elmer Keith was too quick for him!  We did many variations in Japanese Jiu Jitsu.  They are very effective and work, until they don't.  If your life is on the line anyway...

Archived