SASS Wire Forum

Israeli Police Pistols

Lawdog Dago Dom

A friend of mine had one. He liked it very much. I saw it and handled it but never got a chance to shoot it. It was his favorite home protection gun. This was around 25 or more years ago. 
He was a nut for all guns made in Israel. 

Fantastic guns - CZ gripframe (in my opinion, the most comfortable semi auto grip frame ever made).

They were sold as Jericho here in the states - but were more commonly seen/ sold as IMI Baby Eagles.

My bigger concern is the price of magazines - this was a major reason I got rid of mine in 45acp.

I have a hard time with $75 magazines.

yes , i bought one , the markings are distinct and the pistols are extremely nice , they are a basic CZ75 design that run well [i also had a CZ75] also an excellent pistol , l used mine for three gun , i think you will loke it a lot , 

8 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Fantastic guns - CZ gripframe (in my opinion, the most comfortable semi auto grip frame ever made).

They were sold as Jericho here in the states - but were more commonly seen/ sold as IMI Baby Eagles.

My bigger concern is the price of magazines - this was a major reason I got rid of mine in 45acp.

I have a hard time with $75 magazines.

Did you ever handle a Remington Model 51?  I'll challenge your statement with that one. (No offense.  Everyone has their own favorites.  That's why they make so many flavors of ice cream.)

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Did you ever handle a Remington Model 51?  I'll challenge your statement with that one. (No offense.  Everyone has their own favorites.  That's why they make so many flavors of ice cream.)

To be honest.

I know I have handled a couple from my days running the pawn chains firearm program.

I seem to recall having shot one, but I have no specific recollections about its comfort.

But regardless; my (very very) minimal round count thru one would not qualify me to have a valid opinion on its comfort. 

I guess Ill have to look one up again.

But as the CZ grip compares to a 1911, HK, Glock, full size Sig, etc. - I stand by my statement.

Of course, in my opinion - the best ice cream is Vanilla Chocolate Chip (not mint, vanilla) with crunchy Jif peanut butter mixed in.  So my opinions might well be very specific to me.:D

I handled one years ago& came close to buying one & heard plenty of good things about it then decided to go CZ for parts & magazine availability.

I figured that the extra cost in buying 6 to 10 mags that even then were hard to get as hi-caps made the choice easier.

Archived