SASS Wire Forum

Fostech "customer service"

Boomstick Bruce

So about a year ago i bought 2 Fostech Echo sport triggers for my AR's. I have a psa and an anderson, both in 7.62x39. I installed the trigger in the PSA first and function tested is dry firing and it wouldn't fire the second shot on the release of the trigger unless i pushed the selector paddle all the way to the left and held it there as i released the trigger. After farting around with it trying to figure out when it didn't work I took it out and proceeded to install the second trigger in the PSA. It worked as advertised both dry firing and live fire. So i thought maybe i installed the trigger wrong the first time so I installed it into my anderson and it functioned fine. i figured it must have been something i did wrong. Well, my last range trip with the anderson, it wouldn't binary... it works fine dry firing it but not with live ammo. pull the trigger, it drops the hammer, relase the trigger, nothing, pull again and it fires, just like normal semi auto. So i sent it back to fostech. they claim there is nothing wrong with it and since there is nothing wrong with it it does not fall under a warranty claim and i now owe them $82 to get my trigger back after they fixed nothing....

Right after the Route 91 Harvest festival when there was a lot of talk about classifying bump stocks & devises that increase the firing rate I decided I'd buy a binary trigger.  I chose the Fostech because with the Franklin Armory binary trigger your finger could outrun the Franklin trigger & you'd have to eject the round in the chamber.  That is why they are on III model.  The Fostech didn't have the problem.  The installation recommended that the AR buffer have 3 tungsten weights so I replaced the 2 aluminum weights with tungsten weights.  I used a lower built from an Anderson stripped lower.  Latter during the 2020 Democrat primary season after Sniffy Joe got in a verbal spat with a IBEW construction worker while he toured a FCA (Chrysler) factory under construction Joe's retort to the electrician's Modern Sporting Rifle question was his signature put down "Dog Faced Pony Soldier".  PSA came out with a "Dog Face Pony Soldier" stripped lower.  I showed the misses an article about it.  I had no intention on buying one however she told me to buy it.  I did and in Oct. I completed it.  Since it had engraving in the auto selector position I decided to move the binary trigger to that lower.  The only issue I had was the written instructions weren't clear on how to close the upper so you can insert the rear takedown pin.  Fortunately the video on their website showed how to do it.  I never had a issue in binary mode in either lower.

I have a suggestion that you swap the bolt carriers.  The drop-in trigger assembly has a lever like an auto sear which holds the hammer in the cocked position until the trigger is reset.  When trigger is reset the binary sear it tripped.  The problem with the 1st Franklin trigger is if you reset the trigger before the bolt was in battery the firing pin couldn't indent the primer enough to ignite the priming compound.

P.S.  At the time I bought it the typical online prices were $700 which is $200 premium over MSRP.  Then Brownells had a special for approx $400. 

No offense, but for that kind of money, I think I'll just pull the trigger twice! :lol:

Well, they wouldn't budge an inch on charging me $82 for doing nothing. They are saying either I pay them their extortion fee or lose my $350 trigger. So, I paid it. I intend on putting the POS back in the Anderson and taking it to the range and video taping it not working. Then I'll post the video and every email between me and them on every forum, gun board, Facebook page, etc. I can. I just opened an account on a few ar15 forums and FB pages just so I can post the video. Hopefully someone will see it and decide against getting ripped off  buying one.

2 hours ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

Well, they wouldn't budge an inch on charging me $82 for doing nothing. They are saying either I pay them their extortion fee or lose my $350 trigger. So, I paid it. I intend on putting the POS back in the Anderson and taking it to the range and video taping it not working. Then I'll post the video and every email between me and them on every forum, gun board, Facebook page, etc. I can. I just opened an account on a few ar15 forums and FB pages just so I can post the video. Hopefully someone will see it and decide against getting ripped off  buying one.

Did you ask for an itemized receipt? It would be fascinating what they would put.

1 minute ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

Yes, but it doesn't say anything other than "unwarrantable return"

Wow. Yeah, no plans for aftermarket triggers, but if anyone asks, I'll be sure to let them know of your experience.

Fostech has booth 443 at the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg PA, about an hour from me. I intended to go anyway so I'm going to have a little fun while I'm there. I'm going to print off a bunch of flyers telling about their B.S. warranty and customer service scam. Once I've gone through and seen everything I wanted to see, I'll stand right in front of their booth handing the flyers out until either 1. I run out of flyers or 2. security tells me to stop (most likely what will happen). Then I'll have a friend go do the same thing until he is told to stop. Maybe I'll even take a white tee shirt and write on it "ask me about fostechs extortion" or something of the like...

2 minutes ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

Fostech has booth 443 at the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg PA, about an hour from me. I intended to go anyway so I'm going to have a little fun while I'm there. I'm going to print off a bunch of flyers telling about their B.S. warranty and customer service scam. Once I've gone through and seen everything I wanted to see, I'll stand right in front of their booth handing the flyers out until either 1. I run out of flyers or 2. security tells me to stop (most likely what will happen). Then I'll have a friend go do the same thing until he is told to stop. Maybe I'll even take a white tee shirt and write on it "ask me about fostechs extortion" or something of the like...

It would be one thing if they said "Nope, not covered, you need to cover shipping to return it." But when a customer believes there is a problem, even if they don't find one, to charge a "bench fee" or whatever, when there would have been no fee if there had been a problem is unconscionable. Especially one that steep. Let us know how it goes.

26 minutes ago, DocWard said:

It would be one thing if they said "Nope, not covered, you need to cover shipping to return it." But when a customer believes there is a problem, even if they don't find one, to charge a "bench fee" or whatever, when there would have been no fee if there had been a problem is unconscionable. Especially one that steep. Let us know how it goes.

My sentiments exactly...

2 hours ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

Back in about '84, A Ford dealership in Connecticut refused to repair an issue with my new Ranger. (it's awful, can't remember what it was!) On a Saturday I parked across the street from the store and hung bags of Lemons on the truck and just sat there. Told my story to at least a dozen people including the local paper. After around noon, they sent a flunky out to have me bring it back in! Wish the heck I could remember what the issue was, but apparently it ticked me off.:lol:

Archived