SASS Wire Forum

Stand up comedian Henry Cho

Warden Callaway

I have heard him on the radio, and you're right he is funny as heck

Bet you never thought you’d see a Korean redneck!!

He’s a treasure, even if he IS from Knoxville!! :lol:

I wonder how often that happens.

I was curious so I looked up Arab Alabama. Real place. In the 2020 census it had 32 black people.

Arab was named after Arad Thompson, the son of the town's founder. It was going to be an official town with an official post office and it needed an official name (it was originally Thompson's Village), and they sent in three to choose from. Ink, Bird, and Arad. I'm guessing they really wanted it to be Arad, but the post office required three choices so they gave it that Ink and Bird thing, figuring those two would get thrown out and it would be Arad by default.

And the post office misspelled it.

I just wonder how often the post office named some place wrong because they can't spell.

From Alpo ;  I just wonder how often the post office named some place wrong because they can't spell.

Well, 643 times total since 1783 according to my classified document at home.........:D

My boss at the job I took when me ‘n’ Schoolmarm got married was from Arab.  That was 1976 and he told me that there were only caucasians there back then.  I’m sure there were other ethnic minorities there, but perhaps not within city limits.  It was that way in many southern towns back in those days.

I’ve been a Henry Cho fan for many years!  He’s just plain damned funny!!!

This would be a great guy to have in SASS!!

Archived