SASS Wire Forum

5 Lb. jug Trail Boss

Midway doesn’t have any but it works out to $3.22 per ounce for the 9 ounce bottle and approximately $52 per pound in a two pound jug. Plus shipping, plus hazmat 

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:
Gateway Kid

In 2021 I found 2 - 9oz (1lb sized) containers in a store in Costa Mesa CA. I paid $32 each.

They had no more and from what I can tell I may have bought the last two available at any store in the USA. 

So, if someone offered me 5 pounds for $145 I wouldn’t let that guy out of my sight without giving him that money snd getting that powder. 
Ounce for ounce it would have cost me $284 to get 5 pounds, if it was available at the time. 

20 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Too bad you can't sell it in Oz....you could retire (or if retired go on a world trip first class). 

Bet it would be worth an all expense paid VIP vacation from the states to OZ and back.

I have enough to fund at least 3 trips.

last time i bought a 8lb keg of red dot or clays it was under $100 so i have no idea what powder is worth these days , i did buy a bunch back then tho so ill be OK for a few years yet at my current use rate , 

Not to hijack this thread but,

Saw 8# tite group other day for like $145-150.

same price for 8# clays

they actually had some h4350 (been difficult to find), imr 4350, Varget, 4198, 4895, 3031 and I swear I saw 4064, and various pistol powders like hp38 all priced for $48 #. But the 1 8# jug of Varget they wanted like $400

Had a wide selection of Accurate powders too of which I forget, and fair amount of small primers.

But no large primers of any sort.

Are these prices good or bad?They carry some of the Vitavourhi powders also but it was noticeably more.

Anyone reload Hornady brass in 6.5 creed or 260 rem or anything else? They had a good bit of it at $36-37 per 50 pieces 

I have 4# of Trail Boss and 8# of Clays, all purchased at my startup period, before price and availability went to pot.
Also picked up various VV and H110 at yardsale prices (factory sealed).

I now have more powder and primers than I have years left.
I figure these materials will be legislated out of existence.

In January 2019 when Hodgdon discontinued the 5lb jug I paid $143.40 to Powder Valley.  It included $29.90 for shipping & Hazmat fee.  In 2013 after Sandy Hook I couldn't find Trail Boss in any LGS in SF Bay Area so, I bought it from Cabelas over the internet & I know I paid over $230 with sales tax, shipping & hazmat.

Archived