SASS Wire Forum

Canik firearms

Rye Miles #13621

Thinking about getting this today. Anyone have any experience with these firearms?

image.png.6234e5e69f0248cca480e0379db09806.pnghttps://www.canikarms.com/en

6 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Zero personally, but the couple of people I know that have purchased them like them. They seem to be a good value for the price. Allot of good guns coming out of Turkey these days 

That's what I've heard. I looked at one yesterday, trigger is great, lots of accessories with it too including an outside plastic holster.

2 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

That's what I've heard. I looked at one yesterday, trigger is great, lots of accessories with it too including an outside plastic holster.

I’ve never really seen any bad reviews on line but I guess you can go to YouTube. Someone has to have tortured one and I’m sure there’s lots of reviews 

I can't speak for the Rival, but I can for the TP9 - SFX which is very similar.

Simply put, the TP9 - SFX is the best striker fired pistol that I've ever shot. The ergonomics are perfect for me. The factory trigger is absolutely the best I've ever felt on a striker pistol. It came with all of the plates/adapters needed for optics, 2 - 20 rnd mags, holster, case and paperwork. The factory sights were good although the front sight insert was a little small but it didn't matter, I changed them to night sights by Night Fision. The 20 round mags are a little hard to get the 20th round in but it does go in. I've shot (probably) 400 -500 rounds through it with no problems whatsoever. It is, by far, the most accurate striker fired pistol i've ever shot. Spare magazines were hard to get for a while but are now widely available through various sources although I'm picky about mags, I won't buy the Pro-Mag type cheap magazines.

When I buy another pistol, it'll probably be a Canik product and probably will be the Rival that you are looking at. Absolutely the best pistol for the money that I've ever seen. Everyone I've seen at the range (I do public range duty 8+ times a year) that has a Canik anything, loves it. Never heard anything bad from anyone about them.

You can't go wrong with Canik. 

BTW, I'm not a Canik spokesman nor do I work for Canik.

Edit: It is the easiest semi-auto gun to field strip for cleaning that I've ever owned also.

Edit II: Changed double action to striker fired.

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

[...] Simply put, the TP9 - SFX is the best striker fired pistol that I've ever shot. [...] The factory trigger is absolutely the best I've ever felt on a striker pistol. [...] It is, by far, the most accurate double action pistol i've ever shot. [...]

I've never handled a Canik yet. Are you sure the striker is double action? Because the Walther PPQ is also said to have a very good trigger. While I wasn't that impressed with the common PPQ models, I found the "Match" models equipped with Walther's new Dynamic Performance Trigger really awsome! But the PPQ is actually a single action pistol, the striker is already fully cocked before the trigger releases it. They kept the striker fire typical trigger pull weight (between a single action and a double action). That way the trigger feels like on other striker fired pistols (Glock etc.), just much crisper and with much shorter reset. My guess is that Canik did the same, which is fine to me as long the guns are (drop) safe.

49 minutes ago, Equanimous Phil said:

I've never handled a Canik yet. Are you sure the striker is double action? Because the Walther PPQ is also said to have a very good trigger. While I wasn't that impressed with the common PPQ models, I found the "Match" models equipped with Walther's new Dynamic Performance Trigger really awsome! But the PPQ is actually a single action pistol, the striker is already fully cocked before the trigger releases it. They kept the striker fire typical trigger pull weight (between a single action and a double action). That way the trigger feels like on other striker fired pistols (Glock etc.), just much crisper and with much shorter reset. My guess is that Canik did the same, which is fine to me as long the guns are (drop) safe.

Sorry, you are quite correct. I don't think it is a double action trigger. It's not what I meant to say, but it is what I said. I even read it twice. Single action.

Haven't tried the Walthers, may have to do that.

I don't know what the drop-safe results are.

Thanks for the heads up.

The Turks may top notch con at drones too. ;)

Rye, I was just going to post that I got to shoot one this past weekend. It’s my nephew’s. It’s a TP9. I was impressed with it. The grip was shorter than my full size Glocks yet he had a 12 and a 15 round magazine that came with the gun and the 15 round mag extended the grip nicely. It seemed to have more recoil than my Glocks, probably because the gun feels lighter, the grip is narrower and the depth from backstrap to the trigger is smaller. 
I shot accurately with it at 30 yards. I liked the sights as well. 
His had “Century Arms Inc  Made in Turkey” on the side. I think Century is importing a winner. I liked it. Not enough to dump my Glocks, but I liked the gun.  

My son showed up with Canik TP9 SFX and I liked it.   Found a TP9 Combat Elite with all the Salient arms upgrades factory installed.  Now son is jealous,  Only problem I had was the Salient match barrel. It was throated too tight to chamber my cast bullets (Too cheap to buy bullets)   A quick trip to "Doug Guy" for throating and ir runs even better now!    Awesome firearm with good prices.   GW

Doug Guy is found on Cast Boolit forum or Face book and is highly regarded for his chambering/ throating work.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Rye, I was just going to post that I got to shoot one this past weekend. It’s my nephew’s. It’s a TP9. I was impressed with it. The grip was shorter than my full size Glocks yet he had a 12 and a 15 round magazine that came with the gun and the 15 round mag extended the grip nicely. It seemed to have more recoil than my Glocks, probably because the gun feels lighter, the grip is narrower and the depth from backstrap to the trigger is smaller. 
I shot accurately with it at 30 yards. I liked the sights as well. 
His had “Century Arms Inc  Made in Turkey” on the side. I think Century is importing a winner. I liked it. Not enough to dump my Glocks, but I liked the gun.  

This METE model comes with a 18 and a 20 round magazine. It also comes with a hard outside the pants holster, a little tool kit and some cleaning accessories. I shot it at 15 and 20 yards. I was shooting a little low but once I got used to it I was in the bullseye. Great gun! 

Archived