SASS Wire Forum

Oh, Swell... *grump!*

Golly gee, lucky us.  PG&E - Pacific Gas and Electric - the energy supplier for most of California, just announced they're seeking a rate increase of 36.2% this year.  Applied incrementally, so it won't hurt so much - the biggest part (23.5%) will hit in September, during peak usage for air conditioning, when temps are often over 110° .

This is on top of increases of approximately 25% over the last two years.  

"We don't increase the price of power we have to buy," a PG&E spokesperson claims.  But since the wethers in sackamenna refuse to allow adequate power production in state by hydroelectric, natural-gas fired generators, nuclear, and don't even THINK about burning coal, power has to be purchased from other states.  :angry:

"We need total wind and solar generation!"  <_< 

But hey... we're gonna save the planet.  Right?

Road apples.   -_-

Sorry to hear that.  Our provider, Flickering Power and Light {or Florida Plunder and Loot} informed us our bill will be going up about $100.00 a month starting in February.  I can just imagine what it will be when summer rolls around here, starting in about March and lasting till November.

Wisconsin has the most hydro-electric dams in the country.  Another will never be built so they best maintain the heck out of them.  We burn a lot of coal, gas and have a few nukes.  Hydro-electric works, it is clean and efficient but (in my best whiney voice) it is hard on the environment.  BECAUSE IT CREATS A LAKE!   We couldn't have more lakes.  You moron.  Lakes are good.  Stores lots of water.  Maybe we could sell that water to Kalifornia.

Just wait til they have to triple the infrastructure in the next two years to provide for wiz bang mandatory EV's, they can't support the 2% we have now. Just keep putting the cart before the horse. Guaranteed the rich will get richer at our mandated expense.:angry:

Rates are supposed to go up in Connecticut too, about $80 per month for the average customer

Yep, Florida Power is asking for a 20%+ rate hike. 

Reasons;

- The cost of natural gas his risen. No S*** Sherlock, what prices haven't risen.

- Maintenance cost have risen. Really? Gee, I guess they haven't risen for EVERYBODY.

- They need to recoup their losses from hurricane repairs. I don't see them paying for my storm repairs from various storms. Don't they have a budget for stuff like that? Maybe I should send them a bill for my storm repairs...say 25% off my bill per month for a undefined length of time of my choosing.

BTW, Has anyone actually tried to contact the power provider and talk to a live person...good luck. They don't even have people reading the meters anymore, it's all done by computers in the office. 

I wonder how much the President of Florida Power rakes in every year. It must be a secret evidently as a quick search on the net fails to bring it up.  I know that they are way top heavy in management type personell...how about cutting back on the pork first before taking what little ramen noodles that I have to eat.:angry:

Rant over, didn't solve anything but I feel temporarily better.

Another reason to leave the "Golden State", I did 23 years ago and I am a 5th generation Californio. My elect bill averages about $150.00 a month, it is actually cheaper in the summer! My kitchen is all electric, but don't need A/C and I run my 220v irrigation pump 8 hours a day during the summer. 

Archived