SASS Wire Forum

Been off of here for a while, what did I miss?

Grizzly Dave

LOL :D

I reckon a few dead horses have been kicked into smithereens.

Some newbies, to which I say howdy and welcome to the fire.

And some old friends, to whom I say howdy and hope I see you at EOT.

And to them what don't know who I am, well, no matter, I don't know you neither!  LOL

Grizz

Welcome back, Dave! It's been awhile!

Howdy Dave. Good to hear you're still vertical. 

GDB,

Glad to hear you are still out there. 

I have been pretty busy with other things too, Grizz.

I've been tied up with legal stuff, winter, work, etc; So I haven't been looking at the Wire much.

MG

Better to be seen than viewed, huh, Dave?

I hope to see you at EOT, GD.  Regarding the Wire, we have a new version of the software for the Wire.  It is running pretty well now.  Some long time contributors like Allie Mo have passed on.  There have been useful discussions on proposed rule changes like Junior Gunfighters and changing the black powder smoke standard.  The moderators are doing a good job defending the Wire against trolls and spammers.  Last year many posted information on where to buy scarce reloading supplies.  EOT and the national championship are doing well at their new locations.

I hope your mobility improved and look forward to new videos from you.

Glad you are back. 
Always appreciate your point of view and heart for making things better!!

Will have to catch up at EOT. Not sure of posse number but will be a marshal for one of them. 
See you there 

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:
Gateway Kid

Thanks for the warm welcome back.

I spent a couple years caring for my aging mom before she passed in August of 2021.  Then spent a year clearing out her house that was full of her 'treasures' and finally got it empty and sold last year.

Also last year I got laid off of my job of 35 years and spent a few months looking for work before deciding I'd just call it retirement.

Several mentioned the weight loss from a number of years ago before my knee replacement.  And as is common with rapid weight loss, it often comes back and did so.  Now I'm back on the way down, but at a more sustainable pace.

Grizz

You can leave the loading table with your rifle cocked. But if you self declare before you are no longer touching the rifle, then you can point it down range to verify no round in the chamber by pulling the trigger.  No boom = no call.

If a round is in the chamber (boom),then stage SDQ.  

If you release the rifle, then SDQ for breaking the traveling rule with a cocked firearm (see SG ruling also, both long guns) + MDQ for progressive safety penalty for unsafe gun handling by not having control of a cocked firearm.

Other than that, things are fine.

image.jpeg.18469d822fc43cb10248811dc01b4eaf.jpeg

Nice to see your back Griz!

Dave I am so glad to see you on here again, I have been wanting to thank you for your video on no flat tires for gun carts! I used your video, bought the products and my gun cart is so much the better for it! Thank you!!!

BD

My major question right now is the age old question of 38 or 45 for EOT.

For me, 38s are stock, but quite broke in, and 45s have had the Longhunter treatment.  Speed wise, maybe my 38s are faster?  Maybe.

Rifles are both Longhunters.

Part of my brain says which am I willing to do lost brass for?  But truth of that question is if you are really worried about that, you can't afford the rest of what it costs to shoot the match.

Right now I'm leaning towards the 45s, I like big boolits and I can not lie!  I'm more confident to where my pistols hit with the 45s.

Not that I've shot more than a couple of times in the last years.  And if I finish something other than last in my category it will be a miracle.

One thing is for sure and for certain, I'm gonna have fun.  And talk all you want about fast, to me it comes down to fun and the people.

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Reb, SASS #54804 said:

maybe I will be able to meet you at HOW  now that I moved from Maine to Wyoming

Hey Reb - I don't often shoot HOW, but shoot pretty regular monthlies at Pawnee Station in Northern Colorado, c'mon down.

glad your back - you missed something in that original post tho ......you forgot all those that have left us permanently , not to put a damper on your return , i have no idea how long you been gone nor why , im just thinkin about how many will not join us in that welcome back , ive not been here that long but i have taken note of that roster here even when i dont chime in , 

i am pleased that your back , would love to get to know you here , looking forward to future posts 

On 1/25/2023 at 12:25 AM, Grizzly Dave said:

LOL :D

I reckon a few dead horses have been kicked into smithereens.

Some newbies, to which I say howdy and welcome to the fire.

And some old friends, to whom I say howdy and hope I see you at EOT.

And to them what don't know who I am, well, no matter, I don't know you neither!  LOL

Grizz

Well Grizzly glad to hear your back at it. Take care pilgrim. Maybe see yah at EOT.

Jackrabbit Joe

Archived