SASS Wire Forum

Just an introduction

One Gun Jimmy

3 hours ago, One Gun Jimmy said:

I dont care what they are made of...I just want the dag gone shiny ones!!!!

Seriously tho..this is true..they are the nickle ones from Taylor I've been eyeballing.

Good man! Everyone knows shiny guns are faster!!! :P

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:
Gateway Kid

ps traded all them blued guns I used to have for shiny guns and stage times dropped by nearly .001! Less wind drag I guess!  :P

14 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

ps traded all them blued guns I used to have for shiny guns and stage times dropped by nearly .001! Less wind drag I guess!  :P

This is just another in a  long list of facts...

Stickers do add horsepower 

Free food taste better

Shinny guns are faster

14 hours ago, One Gun Jimmy said:

Yea, I originally wanted Vaqueros....still do...will probably have a set eventually.. Figure I'll buy a set if I ever get faster than my guns....I know I'm not close now

fair price for what look like great guns!

On 1/26/2023 at 12:31 PM, One Gun Jimmy said:

Can I borrow $2750 lol

The quest for upgrades is also part of the fun! Thats the good thing about this obsession we call CAS… the firearms keep most of the value to re-sell and pay for upgrades…at times even go up in value! When i started (2019) I got in with a new Marlin 94 (remlin)  for $700, a pair of new vaqueros i found on clearance at buds for $550 each and a $400 shot gun…. Didn’t own any cowboy guns before then… 3+ years later and Im still shooting those same Rugers and shotgun as my main match guns (Rugers went through a few upgrades)… somewhere beween then and now I picked up three race ready slicked and short-stroked 73’s, back up pair of rugers and shotgun, … several long range guns… a set of wildbunch guns, a set for plainsman… now looking for a hammered double in case i ever itch to shoot classic cowboy lol… I wont mention reloading presses… thats a whole other set of quests! Welcome to the rabbit hole! 

1 minute ago, El Catorce said:

The quest for upgrades is also part of the fun! Thats the good thing about this obsession we call CAS… the firearms keep most of the value to re-sell and pay for upgrades…at times even go up in value! When i started (2019) I got in with a new Marlin 95 (remlin)  for $700, a pair of new vaqueros i found on clearance at buds for $550 each and a $400 shot gun…. Didn’t own any cowboy guns before then… 3+ years later and Im still shooting those same Rugers and shotgun as my main match guns (Rugers went through a few upgrades)… somewhere beween then and now I picked up three race ready slicked and short-stroked 73’s, back up pair of rugers and shotgun, … several long range guns… a set of wildbunch guns, a set for plainsman… now looking for a hammered double in case i ever itch to shoot classic cowboy lol… I wont mention reloading presses… thats a whole other set of quests! Welcome to the rabbit hole! 

Yea, I figure as of now...I'd like to get a back up rifle...a nickle set of 1875s and a 1887 or 1897... figure it would give me some spice and if need be I could help a pardner or let a newbie see how they like it before they spend the $$$$

I have only been to one match as a spectator but they gang there were very hospitable and welcoming...Not always the case in groups where most are twice my age.

I would like to be able to continue in that tradition of community.

Plus mo' guns is never bad!!

Archived